Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Grangemouth, United Kingdom
We are looking for an Instrumentation & Electrical Engineer within Versalis UK in Grangemouth. You will be responsible for the direct the process of preventative maintenance for instrumental / electrical equipment, to ensure compliance with the Statutory and Integrity inspection schedule as well as compliance with asset maintenance routines for all Instrumentation / electrical equipment, to ensure safe and reliable plant operation.
Versalis is an international subsidiary of Eni specialising in the production of chemicals. We lead the market in a range of businesses including plastic and rubbers alongside a fast-growing bio-based business. We are Italy's biggest chemical company in terms of turnover, number of employees and production volumes and we're focused on meeting our customers' requirements while simultaneously embracing sustainable and competitive growth.
We pursue these goals through product innovation, reducing energy consumption and a relentless focus on safeguarding our people and the environment both inside and outside our facilities. With opportunities throughout Italy, UK, China, Germany, France, USA, Ghana, Congo and a number of other countries, our team is made up of accomplished individuals who all work together to help expand Versalis' presence on a global scale.
As a member of Versalis you will be responsible for:
- React to unplanned plant failures, by assessing the failures and failure mechanisms, implementing repair strategies in order to return to service in the safest and efficient manor, using a RCA approach
- Support the review of preventative maintenance Plan and progress reports management, by collating information through SAP or ANTEA: UPS and Generator maintenance and overhaul, hazardous area inspections, motor and switchgear maintenance reports, MCC and starters, transformers
- Use of electronic maintenance system, SAP to generate notifications/work orders, purchase materials and services, plan and structure plant asset's and critical spare lists and record historic information and asset registers (for electrical and instrumental assets).
- Carry out preventative maintenance. Plan all maintenance activities, by collating work requests through SAP, creation of work order numbers, plan and communicate work requirements through planning department for weekly planning schedules, ensuring required resources are in place. Execution of planned work to individuals and team members, including permit request, correct isolation /lock off of electrical/ Instru equipment, issue of work permits, monitoring progress of work, assisting and implementing corrective actions as required and closure of work activities, including removal of trade lock off padlocks and correct handover procedures
- Originate (as originator) the permits for work on the weekly plan plus any additional work which may be brought up, primarily by production. This includes ensuring that suitable RAMS are available- in discussion with performing authorities
- Follow and implement instructions / procedures for instru / electrical work, reviewing the plant Engineering Procedures for specific Engineering activities.
- Be competent to write and review written risk assessments in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act.
- Record and store historic work activities on plant electronic systems, including Microsoft word, excel and SAP. With photos, measuring of critical sizes/tolerances to update asset records to comply with PUWER.
- Assist in the selection and management of critical spares, through sourcing of information, selection of spares, three quote tendering process and request for spares through material master and SAP
- Contractor management, through selection of services, purchasing of services through SAP and Versalis ENI three quote tendering system.
- Ensure, for the given domain, the technical analysis and the cost evaluation for requested interventions and assistance delivered by the Production Unit, granting the proper Job detailed description
- Grant the Entry Service certifications assessing the consistency between the required and the delivered services and the required supporting technical documents
- Instrumentation / Electrical Engineering Degree with at least 5 years' experience
HND in Instrumentation / Electrical Discipline with at least 8 years' experience, preferably within a top tier COMAH site experience in E, C&I (electrical, control and instrumentation)
experience as supervisor of instrumental jobs and electrical jobs
- Possess of good people skills, with experience of managing contractors and guiding as well as getting on with
- Use assertiveness if necessary to support the colleagues
- Have worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR's), and be good at managing stressful situations.
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS), experience in a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.