Skills: Materials Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for an Onshore Materials Specialist for a 6 months fixed term staff role.
Candidate to execute the materials management scope of work for the Penguins project utilising appropriately qualified and competent SME(s) to deliver the scoped requirements as detailed below.
• Demonstrate Visible HSSE Leadership and Champion Goal Zero, supporting the HSSE Lead where necessary.
• Participate actively and promote Shell UK HSSE policies, campaigns and procedures. Ensure personal safety and that of colleagues at all times and report non-compliance in accordance with Shell and site procedures.
• Manage and present materials management metrics and KPI's such as on time delivery, cost of storage and supplier performance.
• Expedite the delivery of materials and equipment to point of storage/use from suppliers, construction yard or ETY and provide estimated arrival dates. Align "required by" dates with activity dates extracted from the IOS.
• Acts as a focal point between scope owners and suppliers for material queries and reorders.
• Ownership throughout entire ETY and offshore scope of location, condition and quantity of all project materials.
• Maintain communications and interface with other departments to co-ordinate goods receiving, inspection, storage, transportation and shipment of all project materials and equipment.
• Maintain and manage the project Materials Tracker.
• Liaise with OCT on ongoing development and validation of the 4D Synchro deck laydown plan.
• Arrange procurement for all emergent material requirements.
• Participate in reviews of the project schedule and work scopes to ensure all material supply chain constraints are identified and considered.
• Ensure that materials are ordered and/or shipped to ETY and offshore for maintenance work orders as required.
• Ensure shore base organisations are aware of project materials and equipment scope and have access to materials management tools as appropriate.
• Clearly identify all materials on order, expedite and notify scope owners of receipt.
• Ensure that all materials and equipment are supplied with the correct certification and are suitable for the hazardous area zone in which they will be used.
• Ensure that shore base/ETY/offshore personnel are aware of deliveries and that space is allocated for goods on arrival, in line with the Synchro 4D laydown model and storage/preservation requirements which are specific to the materials or equipment, including COSHH/Dangerous Goods requirements.
• Maintain an accurate inventory of project materials (these will generally be managed outwith SAP), including stock location, stock level and minimum re-order quantities.
• Ensure security of project and asset materials, maintaining restricted access to stores and decrementing stock levels once items are removed for use.
• Maintain register of project temporary and portable equipment, including sign-out register, backload for calibration or repair, offshore quarantine.
• Engage with scope owners to ensure that equipment is backloaded and removed from hire promptly on completion of scope.
• Ensure compliance with preservation requirements for stored materials and equipment.
• Ensure outbound and inbound materials are packed in accordance with OGA guidelines.
• Arrange consignment of unused spares on completion of commissioning and start-up scope as appropriate, for example, to operating spares, return to vendor, brokerage or scrap.
Skills / Qualifications
• Experience with SAP materials/maintenance management software.
• Experience with Shell IAPS system.
• Liaise and communicate effectively with other functions in service of the above.
• Provide feedback at the end of project for "lessons Learned".
• Prepare reports and presentation for the OCT and Leadership Team as required.
• Review OCT HSSE plan and other team documents as required.
• Support other OCT team members as required.
The candidate must have a sound understand and experience in material management but more specifically should have experience of Shell UK systems and operations.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.