Lead Controls Engineering Training SpecialistAre you passionate about being part of a successful team?Do you like sharing knowledge and creating new contents?
Join our Nexus Team!
Lead Engineering Training Specialist responsible for creating, managing and delivering Technical training content to the engineering team for the Nexus OnCore controls product line. In this role the instructor will leverage instructional-design principles with an emphasis on skill demonstration and workshop design intended to replicate engineering tasks required for successful project completion for unit controls and logic design. Role will serve as the responsible instructor on technical topics regarding Industrial Controls applications.
Partner with the best
Lead Training Specialist responsible for creating, managing and delivering Technical training content based on instructional-design principles. Role will serve as the responsible instructor on technical topics regarding Industrial Controls applications.
As a Lead Controls Engineering Training Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Providing Technical Instruction & Support of the following:
- Nexus OnCore Controls Hardware & Software engineering curriculum topics.
- Nexus OnCore HMI Computer Software logic engineering curriculum topics.
- Specialize in 1 or more engineering control logic knowledge Applications:
- Chemical Processing Applications
- Metal Refinement Applications
- Water Treatment Applications
- Pulp & Paper Applications
- Power Production Applications
- Oil Production Applications
- Traveling required: 25% for facility trainings at any of 7 global factory locations.
- Promoting and Elevate the Nexus Controls Internal Training Brand.
- Instructing Internal Training Course Curriculum to reach Skill-Development targets.
- Developing new technical training curriculums using Instruction Design techniques (i.e. ADDIE design).
- Driving continuous improvement feedback loop discussions to improve training.
- AssistingTier2 Technical Support global team & services knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Interfacing with customers and GE functions globally to drive the M&C vision for Training.
Success of this role will be measured by following:
- Maintain Safe training classroom environment, Qty (0) Electrical & Mechanical safety recordable
- Net Promoter Score (>75%), Internal Customer Feedback survey's regarding training content and delivery.
- Effective Training Class Preparation, HW & SW simulation preparation, Qty (0) past due.
- Effective Technical Instruction & Communication (>80% Student avg. final skill evaluations).
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Engineering Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 2 years controls industry experience)..
- Have Instructional Design Experience, skill-development curriculum design
- Have Gas Turbine, GE Steam Turbine and BOP knowledge
- Have Turbine Control engineering or services commissioning
- Have Historian, and HMI Application Configuration Engineering and Installation Experience
- Have Field Engineering Program (FEP) or other Technical experience
Salary: $90,000 annually
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.