Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking Entry-Level Geologists and Environmental Scientists to join our teams in Portland, ME, Rocky Hill, CT, and Bayside Queens, NY. For this position we expect to train the successful applicant in appropriate field methods and procedures and therefore prior experience or training is not required, although still a positive. Wood will also provide required OSHA health and safety training prior to field work. That person will gain experience in writing work plans, analyzing and evaluating environmental data and assisting with report preparation for submittal to our clients and regulatory agencies.
Key Responsibilities :
- Oversee soil borings and groundwater monitoring well installations, collect soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air, and soil gas samples, collect data in complex field situations with supervision, and document field activities
- Perform other field exploration, inspection, testing, and analyses using equipment and instrumentation
- Prepare components of site investigation reports including work plans, data summaries, calculations, tables, figures, charts, drawings and report text
- Collect samples and data during remedies and pilot studies from soil and groundwater remediation systems
- Assist Project Managers and project teams, ensuring effective client communication and relations
- Organize field work, assign tasks, and work with other staff specialists and technicians to complete assignments
- Follow company safety policies and procedures, site safety standards, and permit requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or BA in Geology, Environmental Science or Engineering, or related technical field
- Strong writing skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
Physical Demands :
- Ability to remain on feet for extended periods of time either stationary or walking
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.