Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior I/C Designer on a 28/28 rotation in Basra, Iraq.
- 3D modelling of instrumentation, junction boxes and panels (Bentley MicroStation knowledge an asset)
- Design junction box location, instrument cable schedule, MTOs
- Design bus communication layouts for smart instrumentation
- Generate termination diagrams for junction boxes, wiring and loop diagrams
- Generate instrument location drawings
- Design panel layouts for instrumentation
- Working comfortable with P&IDS, control narratives, Interlock diagrams and alarm summary tables
- Proficient on reading and working with equipment supplier drawings
- Coordinate work with I&C team members and with other disciplines.
- Support/perform other I&C design work as required
- PLC programming,
- DCS configuration,
- Loop diagrams,
- Elementary diagrams,
- Control Panel layouts,
- HMI and SCADA configuration,
- Industrial Network design,
- Instrument Specification,
- Computer Equipment Specifications,
- Database Design and Administration,
- Start-up and Commissioning support,
- I&CS project team leadership.
Skills / Qualifications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive
- Possess good interpersonal skills with sound written and oral communication skills
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude and a desire to win
- Ability to promote an open and informal communication environment that aims at growing mutual trust and teamwork
- Proficient in 3D modelling, AutoCAD, MicroStation v8i, Bentley Open Plant / BRCM, SPI
- Diploma from school of Instrument/Controls Technology, or appropriate level of experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.