Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: United Kingdom
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting an Automation and Control Engineer (Hardware) to support our projects in the UK.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Must be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
The Engineer p lays a primary role in Automation and Controls deliverable development while supporting the Lead Engineer and Senior Engineers in accomplishing project objectives
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Performs primary Control System hardware and panel design under minimal direction of the Senior or Lead Engineer
- Competent in planning and executing structured and appropriate principals when designing Control System hardware deliverables
- Participates actively in all phases of project execution including system definition and design
- Capable of leading subsets of system design, build and testing activities
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents and material and equipment specifications
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience in Automation and Control Engineering at Engineer level with proven demonstratable competency of this time spent
- Minimum BSc Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have a good general knowledge of each engineering discipline with previous experience and competence in independently executing assigned Automation tasks
- Has experience with multiple system implementation projects and / or control system platforms
- Has experience in various industries and can be recognized as a knowledgeable person in a specific engineering field
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices, methodologies, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures and specifications
- Knowledge of modern automation and control design applications, tools, methodologies, or equal training / experience
- Reasonable working knowledge of current industry specific technology and the application of current engineering software / tools and trends
- Inquisitive, well organized and have a keen eye for detail
- Able to operate in an integrated team environment supporting and leading others with a desire and ability to build trust and respect throughout the team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.