Skills: Project Engineer, Control Room Operations
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United Kingdom
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is recruiting for a DCS (Distributed Control Systems) Engineer to support our UK projects. This requirement is open to candidates looking for either staff or contract.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Must be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Develop the detailed technical solutions typically associated with the replacement of existing / obsolete Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Define scopes of work, costs, and schedules
- Support the transition from concept / FEED to execution
- Implement engineering solutions typically required to solving obsolescence, disaster recovery, cyber security and technology road maps aligned with OEM development plans
- Provide input to project execution planning
- Undertake site surveys, confirm accuracy of existing documentation
- Attend customer meetings such as the kick - off, progress meetings, technical clarifications, queries, close out and lesson learned sessions
- Typically act, under guidance, as the interface between the project and customer organisation at a technical level
- Coordinate, expedite and undertake the review of Vendor documentation in accordance with project procedures
- Produce Test Procedures
- Produce Detail Design Specifications
- Produce DCS configuration
- Produce HMI configuration
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- An appreciation of the Nuclear industry or other highly regulated industry is an advantage
- Familiar with structured Project and Software Management techniques
- Technical experience of obsolete and current OEM DCS products, e.g., Emerson PROVOX, DeltaV; ABB Mod 300, 800XA; Honeywell Experion, TDC 2000 and TDC 3000; etc.
- Knowledge of industry standards related to DCS implementation
- Fluency in English
- Computer & Project Management Software / Techniques
- Planning, and time management skills
- Demonstrate a personal continuous improvement by maintaining a working knowledge of current industry specific technology and the application of current engineering software / tools
- Good communication skills, loyalty, enthusiasm, team working and diplomacy
- Willingness to travel to client sites
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritisation of tasks
- Must be willing to travel to client site(s) and other Wood offices
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.