Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Heavy Lift / Pipelay
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Our client is requiring a Site Competent Person to join their team based in Norwich
This is a great opportunity to join the Operations Team for one of the largest gas operators in the Southern North Sea. The successful candidate for this role will be the nominated Site Competent Person (SCP) for their assets including offshore installations and onshore workshop, warehouse and near by Gas Terminal.
This is a critical position in their organisation, the SCP's role includes acting as the focal point for lifting operations, preparing and approving all categories of lifting plans and where required acting as the performing authority for lifting operations. The SCP ensures that all rigging activities are carried out in compliance with regulatory requirements and to relevant company standards and procedures.
This position will be based in their Norwich office, working Monday to Friday with travel to onshore sites and offshore installations as operationally required. It will be for a 12 month contract and the role is inside IR35 so available on a PAYE basis.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Key responsibilities include:
• Development (where required) and approval of all lift plans. Complex lift plans require Lifting TA approval
• Continuous review of risk assessments and lift plans for routine lifts
• Maintain the database of routine and specific lifting plans and risk assessments for the site/installation
• Maintain the register of persons authorised to perform lifting operations on the site/installation
• Performing Authority (PA) for complex lifts where necessary
• Co-ordinate site requirements for rigging loft inventory
• Provide technical advice to the Site LOLER Representative
• Audit specialist contractors lifting equipment for compliance with PUK standards
Qualifications / Experience
• OPITO Rigger competence stage 3 and/or NVQ level 3 - Lifting and Moving Loads
• OPITO LOLER Competent Person (LCP) Qualification
• CPCS Appointed Person: Lifting Operations A61
• BOSIET or FOET Certificate (with CA EBS)
• Offshore Medical Certificate
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in lifting, planning operations and rigging
• Computer literate
• Extensive proved records for theoretical and practical knowledge about categories of lifting operations (especially complicated and complex lifts), lift planning and rigging
• Oil and Gas industry experience would be advantageous
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.