Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Hydraulics / Wet Fire Engineer to be based out of our Melbourne office to work in our Life Sciences business on high profile projects in Australia, South East Asia and the Middle East. Wood Life Sciences services a wide variety of technology intensive sectors including biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, laboratories and research facilities, healthcare, advanced education and advanced manufacturing.
This is the opportunity for an energetic and professional engineer to further develop their career within the mechanical team and strengthen her / his technical skills by being involved in various exciting and technically challenging projects to achieve outstanding design outcomes.
- Participate in engineering projects in developing Hydraulics / Wet Fire calculations, drawings, data sheets, project related specifications and other design documentation as required and in accordance with Australian Standards, BCA and Quality Assurance standards
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of relevant engineering legislation, building codes and standards as they apply to projects
- Work with other engineers, designers and supervisors as required to support engineering project delivery
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (recognised by Engineers Australia)
- 5+ years experience in Hydraulics / Wet Fire engineering design in Australia for a consultancy firm
- Revit drafting capabilities for hydraulics / wet fire piping design
- Knowledge in applying relevant industry design practices and key national and international standards and codes
- Experience in healthcare and / or research laboratory design preferred but not essential
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, particularly the ability to write technical documentation and communicate discipline requirements to other team members
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're a Hydraulics / Wet Fire Engineer ready for the next step in your career, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.