Skills: HVAC, Mechanic
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Wood is seeking an expression of interest for a HVAC Maintenance Mechanic position that will be responsible for O&M functions on a federal facility maintenance project located in Tulsa, OK
Duties / Responsibilities
- Performs general maintenance and repair of facility equipment and systems. This position requires extensive skill and knowledge in such trades as HVAC, plumbing, general mechanical maintenance procedures, refrigeration, and electricity. Work involves general maintenance procedures of equipment including but not limited to the following: air handlers, exhaust fans, pumps, fan coil units, cabinet unit heaters, packaged and split type DX units, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, and plumbing fixtures.
- Install, modify and repair refrigeration - hermetic, semi-hermetic, mechanical, screw, scroll and centrifugal units to 1,100 tons; air conditioning, ventilation; reverse osmosis systems, computer rooms; process coolers; ice machines; evaporative cooling; air compressing and related control systems including pneumatic, DDC and building control systems equipment
- Perform difficult installation tasks involving assembly, testing, calibrating, and adjusting of temperature control and environmental control systems such as air conditioning plants, air environmental control systems, air distribution systems and complex dual equipment cooling installations, specialized refrigerated warehouses and facilities, and evaporative mechanical ventilation and dehumidification systems
- Install new or repaired component and perform complex modifications of systems and components in accordance with applicable electrical publications and directives, and will maintain and repair specialized equipment such as; pneumatic and DDC control components, water treatment systems, process cooling systems, boilers, chillers, and cascade refrigeration systems
- May perform complex repair of systems component such as compressors, condensers, heat pumps regulators, fluid and refrigerant gas lines valves, meters, gages, thermostats, pumps, mechanical linkage, and electrical sensing, switching and controlling devices including pneumatic controls, variable speed drives, digital controlled devices, electronic, hydraulic heating and cooling and economizer systems
- Perform heating and cooling water treatment checking for target pH and chemical concentration levels as determined by a heating and cooling water chemist and makes adjustments to treatment chemical level as required
- Other duties as assigned by foreman or lead.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience working on commercial and/or industrial HVAC equipment
- EPA 608 universal certification for handling refrigerants
- Additional formal training and/or certification is helpful
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.