Intern/Co-opUniversity Internships - 2021 opportunitiesWould you like the opportunity to work in a global energy company?Do you enjoy taking on challenging projects?Join our innovating Internship Program
The Baker Hughes Internship is designed to enable undergraduates pursing a Bachelors degree to gain hands-on work experience as the foundation of their professional lives. Our internships will give you first-hand insights into the processes, systems and practices that are aligned to ensure customer needs are met through flawless execution and the application of leading-edge technology.Partner with the best
Our internship will provide you with the opportunity to become familiar with a Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E). You'll participate in technically focused training, team meetings and work on projects and present your results.
As an Intern, you will be:
Fuel your passion
- Receiving coaching and mentoring to enable you to complete assignments and projects to develop your learning and skillset
- Completing internal projects to deliver customer outcomes and identify business improvements
- Learning internal software to assist with the completion of projects and tasks
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and interns to interact and network with global business leaders
- Applying Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) standards and procedures in all situations to ensure compliance is maintained
- Pursuing your development through different best practices and projects inside the organization
- Able the learn and develop your soft skills in a professional environment, preparing you for the market or for our Entry Level positions after your internship
To be successful in this role you Should:
Work in a way that works for you
- Be currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree and have at least 2 years left of school.
- Have maintained a GPA grade greater than or equal to 3.0 out of 4.0 or the equivalent in your country
- Be fluent in oral and written English
- Have the legal right to work without restrictions or have company sponsorship in the country you have applied
- Be prepared to enrol yourself with different activities and projects, being owner of them and having an active voice to be part of the team and the company in a large scale
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Talk to us about your desired working options when you apply
Working at Baker Hughes means being at the forefront of the energy transition. Our people are diverse, ambitious, and collaborative. We're on a mission to redefine the energy sector by unlocking the power of engineering, data, and science.About the position
Our Oil Field Equipment business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.Assignment roles and responsibilities:
As a Manufacturing Intern you will:
- Improve manufacturing processes, product cost reductions, quality improvements, and efficiency opportunities, through the implementation of lean manufacturing principles.
- Lead and participate in Kaizen events in the facility
- Improve productivity by performing ergonomic evaluations, time studies, simulation, and line balancing
- Oversee and maintain metrics and standards established during continuous improvement events
- Design, build, install, troubleshoot, and train employees on new equipment, or improvements used in manufacturing.
- Layout, assemble, and install equipment for manufacturing processes
- Test, and/or source various tools, machinery, and equipment for manufacturing.
- Train employees in new equipment, VGS, assembly and machining procedures
- Perform product and equipment analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Read and interpret manufacturing metrics to achieve SPC Monterrey objectivesPreferred requirements for this internship
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills
- Ability to speak in front of employees and organizational groups
- Read, analyse, and create documents, such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to work and lead teams and effectively be able to train team members
- Able to manage change within the organization
- Must be able to present changes and resolve issues during and after improvement projects.
- Ability to work with multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.