Al Khobar, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
Al Khobar, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrical Engineering, Electrician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Al Khobar, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
Rig Electrician shall:
- Adhere to all SAUDI ARAMCO, D&WO and international HSE standards, policies and administrative controls.
- Provide on-site supervision of Rig Electricians & Trainees to the degree required for the experience level and job skill of the person or persons assigned normally 2 to 4 persons.
- Read and fully comprehend manuals, schematics, blueprints, as built drawings of the rig and all related equipment. Using these skills whenever possible for on-the job training of Rig Electricians and Trainees.
- Monitor the work performance of Rig Electricians & Trainees to insure the work is done properly and all safety regulations are adhered too.
- Liaison with Rig Foreman, Tool Pusher, Barge Captain, Rig Mechanic, Drill Crew, and others as required for the proper scheduling of repairs and maintenance work.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs that could be deemed outside the experience level of on-site Rig Electricians & Trainees. Making use of the troubleshooting and repair instances as opportunities to perform on-the-job training whenever possible.
- Complete on-site work permits, perform pre-job checks and assign maintenance and repair jobs to Rig Electricians as per their individual experience level.
- Perform post-job checks and testing of equipment after repairs.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual inspections and maintenance as set forth in the preventative maintenance program.
- Complete daily electrician's reports, equipment maintenance reports, and preventative maintenance reports, distribute as required.
- Order materials and supplies as required for implementing necessary repairs and maintaining an on-site stock level of expendables and critical spares.
- Teach SAUDI ARAMCO Drilling and Workover employees in accordance with the Preventive Maintenance System
- Teach and train electrical maintenance staff.
- Teach how to document current condition of equipment and/or sub-assemblies prior to commencing repairs.
- Teach how to inspect equipment and troubleshoot electrical, electromechanical and electronic systems.
- Teach how to isolate the subsystems or components that might have caused the problem.
- Teach how to perform all tests and repair in strict compliance with the equipment manufacturer's service manual and bulletins.
- Teach how to inspect parts for wear and replacement to prevent electrical equipment failures.
- Teach how to list parts to be replaced referring to manufacturer's manuals and diagrams.
- Teach how to perform post-overhaul/repair checks for malfunctions.
- Teach how to document inspections, test results, repair work done and parts replaced for proper billing and record upkeep.
- Teach how to use personal protective gear and follow shop safety practices as required while working.
- Teach how to maintain cost controls in an effort to reduce costs without compromising maintenance quality.
High School Diploma or such equivalent acceptable to SAUDI ARAMCO.
Associates Degree from a technical college acceptable to SAUDI ARAMCO.
Manufacturers training courses, a minimum of two (2) of the following:
- Ross Hill SCR Systems
- IPS SCR System
- Baylor SCR Systems and Brake Controllers
- PLC (Programmable Logic Controls)
- Caterpillar Engine controls
- Martin/Decker Instrumentation
- Air conditioning & Refrigeration training course
Two (2) years in the electrical field with not less than two (2) years' experience in the Oil/Gas drilling industry.
Has subject matter expert knowledge of all electrical test equipment associated with the electrical maintenance of drilling rigs, i.e. VOM, digital multimeters, oscilloscope, muggers, phase rotation detectors etc.
- Have a working knowledge of computers with a minimum capability of using Microsoft programs such as word, outlook, and excel.
- Familiar with API, ABS, IEEE, & SOLAS standards.
- Have good leadership skills with the ability to perform on-the-job training for Rig Electricians and trainees.
- Have the necessary English skills to communicate verbally and in any other written method
(e.g. letters, forms and reports).
- Have the necessary communication skills necessary to submit reports, complete forms and converse with supervisors and management in English.
- Must have a working knowledge of drilling operations i.e. insure knowledgeable recommendations and decisions are made to minimize interruption of rig operations.
- Familiar with API, IEEE, & SOLAS Standards.
- Have good leadership skills with the ability to perform on-the-job training for Rig Electricians and Trainees.
- Have communicating skills necessary to submit reports, complete forms and converse with supervisors and management.