Rig HSE Coordinator
Duties and responsibilities for Rig HSE Coordinator shall:
- Adhere to all SAUDI ARAMCO, D&WO and international HSE standards, policies and administrative controls.
- Provide advice and consultation to all personnel to assist in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with HSE regulations, standards and practices.
- Implement the corporate HSE policy and monitors compliance. This includes the supervision of local surveys and sampling as well as the interpretation of measurement results.
- Stay up to date with all applicable HSE regulations, standards, procedures and guidelines as well as all SAUDI ARAMCO HSE programs.
- Respond to concerns and requests for information from concerned departments.
- Help organize and participates in major HSE surveys such as all Safety/Environmental related surveys, inspections, and assessments.
- Review and comment on HSE aspects of contract documents.
- Provide needed support for the implementation of HSE programs.
- Attend major HSE meetings and other related courses and conferences.
- Enhance HSE awareness by organizing presentations and video sessions, distributing information, and setting a good example.
- Write formal reports and delivers presentations.
- Coordinate ongoing HSE projects, such as : Safety Management System (SMS)/Environmental Management System (EMS) - related activities within the organization as appropriate, including the development of safety/environmental objectives and indicators, tracking of performance and costs, and record-keeping and reporting functions.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace.
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices and provides advice and counsel concerning compliance with corporate safety regulations and procedures.
- Keep SAUDI ARAMCO updated on non-compliant and significant environmental issues.
- Perform site and area HSE inspections of SAUDI ARAMCO facilities and operations.
- Apply risk management practices on SAUDI ARAMCO facilities.
- Prepare HSE orientations, safety training, and job site inspection procedures. Direct and assist in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conduct specialized HSE training programs to communicate hazard control information. Assist local management in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.
- Review and analyze injury, property damage, and statistical loss data and works with management to prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigation and prepare written reports for all incidents under his area of responsibility.
- Travel Out Of Kingdom (OOK) to complete pre-commencement audits and inspections of contractor rigs and facilities as directed.
- Travel Out Of Kingdom (OOK) to complete pre-qualification audits and inspections of contractor rigs and facilities as directed.
- Conduct work site safety management system audits to establish level of implementation.
Rig HSE Coordinator
- BS degree or equivalent in HSE, industrial hygiene, environmental science, or in a related field is preferred from an accredited university by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Must have been employed in the drilling industry for a minimum of five (5) years, concurrent experience in a safety / drilling role would be preferred, five (5) years HSE experience in an alternate heavy industry will be accepted. Must have been employed in a safety role in an H2S environment for a minimum of 12 months.
- Must have knowledge or training in the following: occupational health, safety and environmental compliance with applied industry, governmental and/or international standards;
- International recognized Safety Professional qualification, for example; a) NVQ Level 3 in Health & Safety or equivalent. As a minimum NEBOSH certificate in general safety or equivalent.
- Incident investigation / Root Cause Analysis Team Leader.
- Preferably will be a "fall protection instructor" as a minimum will have received formal fall protection training.
- Preferably will be a "confined space entry instructor" as a minimum will have received formal confined space entry training.
- Will have undergone formal permit to work training.
- Will have undergone formal lockout / tagout training.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands on health, safety and environmental training. Must also have ability to assist with developing, implementing, and coordinating comprehensive health and safety programs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training, presentations/report writing). Ability to lead and direct teams and/or committees. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Skilled in the standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the health, safety and environmental fields. Ability to work at all levels within an organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.