Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tucker, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Lead for our Tucker, GA Office.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Accountable for the successful delivery of all supply chain activities for the area they are
• Provides guidance, direction and support to the reporting personnel in delivery of their specific
• Provides guidance, direction and support to all relevant stakeholders on both Woods and the
suppliers specific contractual obligations and responsibilities.
• Ensures all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution
plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project
processes and procedures.
• Reviewing, writing, and assisting with development of processes and procedures, and
communication to relevant personnel.
• Establish and manage the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client
required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to the project
• Establish and chair regular PSR meetings with client, procurement, engineering and/or project
management personnel to ensure dates for pre-order deliverables are being maintained.
Establishes priorities, assigns workloads and reviews the more difficult and complex aspects of the
supply chain workload.
• Utilisation of Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR) supplemented when required by
project/client approved supplier registers for supplier evaluation, audit, and selection.
• Carry out Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management ensuring corrective actions are
taken where required.
• Ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and procedures are complied with and all actions
are fully auditable.
• Ensures that supply chain team have a clear understanding of their role, supply chain processes and
procedures and provides guidance, direction and support.
• Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety leadership at all times.
• Act as a role model and champion Woods vision, values and behaviours.
• Act as a role model to embed the Financial Management Framework across the business
• Implement robust performance management and development plans for the team, ensuring any
gaps are addressed and development and succession planning is managed effectively
• Delivery against internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan.
• Implementation of global/regional/country initiatives as per business plans.
Skills / Qualifications
Educated to ISCED Level 6 (Bachelor Degree or Equivalent) CIPS qualified or industry equivalent.
Record of skills training appropriate for job specific role.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Minimum 10 years' SC experience demonstrating results and progression to a similar position.
• Detailed understanding of key subcontracting / procurement concepts and principles
Subcontract Agreements and Framework Agreements
• Industry forms of Subcontract
• Logistics and Materials Management
• ERP systems
• Client contract requirements
• Supply Chain Principles and techniques
• Complex Commercial Evaluations, negotiations and terms and condition qualification
• Supplier Relationship Management
• Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation
• Maintains a strong network both within and outside of supply chain department
• Positively maintain relationships with suppliers, clients and other disciplines
• Planning and organisational skills
• Enthusiastic proactive attitude providing inspiring leadership
• Work as part of project management team
• Identify efficiency, process and tool improvement opportunities and successful drive through
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.