Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Buyer to support our client in the Greenville, SC Office.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Accountable for the successful delivery of category management activities that they are responsible for.
• Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety leadership at all times
• Understands and lives Woods vision, values and behaviours
• Understands and works to the Wood Financial Management Framework
• Support in developing and implementing Supply Chain Category Management across the business unit
• Responsible for embedding category management principles and techniques that deliver tangible and
sustainable net savings and value add.
• Implementation of effective Supplier Relationship Management that supports driving cost and
efficiency, driving value engineering and innovation and developing market intelligence that supports
business decision making including acquisitions.
• Support tendering activities and development of specific supply chains strategies to support business
growth including category strategies
• Delivery against internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan and effective reporting
Identify and deliver 'bottom up' buying opportunities for Leadership Team
Skills / Qualifications
Educated to ISCED Level 6 (Bachelor Degree or Equivalent) in business related discipline, ideally supply
chain or procurement, working towards or CIPS qualified.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Minimum 5 years' SC experience in a Category focused role demonstrating results
• Category management
• Strategic Sourcing
• Supply Chain Principles and techniques
• Managing the full category process for Direct or Indirect categories
• International procurement, working and/or living abroad
• Managing key suppliers to develop commercially successful, long-term contracts which effectively
mitigate risk to the business
• Identifying opportunities within the Indirect Categories for Procurement to add value through cost
savings or improvement of quality and service
• Delivering value and margin improvement through Supply Chain savings and performance improvement
• Dispute and claim resolution
• Supplier Relationship Management including building relationships at a senior level
• Process improvement
• Leading tender activities through to completion
• Negotiation of contracts
• Mobilisation of cross border / global agreements desirable
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.