Thermodyn Technical Sales Manager - AmericasAre you passionate about being part of a successful team?Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving critical issues?
Join our Turbomachinery Services Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production, and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity.
Partner with the best
The Sr Technical Sales Manager in Americas will be responsible for delivering the annual order plan for new centrifugal compressor and steam turbine, including Aftermarket, with specific focus on the Integrated Compressor Line (ICL) of the Thermodyn product portfolio.
This role demonstrates accountability for functional business, and broad company objectives and will leverage cross-functional and cross business resources in order to maximize market penetration.
This role will report into the TPS Business Unit Sales Leader with secondary reporting to the TPS E&P Sales Leader.
As a Thermodyn Technical Sales Manager - Americas, you will be responsible for:
- Performing Sales force effectiveness, productivity analysis, allocation of resources and territory coverage, sales incentives, Salesforce CRM platform and tools, lead for commercial planning and forecasting, Inquiry to Order (ITO) processes, ITO lead for business reviews. Cleans and maintains data in Commercial and other core systems (CRMs, SFDC, ERPs, etc.).
- Handling products and systems requiring thorough technical knowledge and knowledge of the environment where the products and systems will be used. Sales processes require technical analysis and adaptation to client conditions.
- Managing complex sales processes requiring involvement of many stakeholders both at the client side and internally. Technical, economical, logistical and financial aspects are involved in creating a proposal.
- Handling important business unit clients
- Coordinating sales teams involving engineering, legal, risk, finance etc.
- Department is involved in medium-large sales.
- Handling big or challenging markets or multi country
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Have minimum of 5+ years of experience in a sales/commercial role, preferably in the energy industry with rotating equipment (new products and/or services). Experience in new energies projects helpful
- Identify projects that offer the potential for maximizing income and growth; promote special initiatives to reduce cycle time, increase convertibility and cash.
- Be able to develop deep relations with right decision makers and key stakeholders in customers' organization to drive business enduring, including C-level, ensuring early engagement and coordination on key deals to best position for success.
- Develop knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions, and customer base for Thermodyn products and related Services for portfolio competitiveness; touch new Customers to capture market opportunities, particularly in the industrial and new energies spaces.
- Have team leadership experience with open, transparent communication style to foster a diverse culture of growth and inclusivity.
- Have customer engagement skills and ability to interact with all levels.
- Have willingness and ability to travel as needed.
- Accountable for driving orders, margin and win rate
- Accountable for supporting the TPS BU Sales Leader, in coordination with the E&P Sales Leader and the extended TPS Sales Team, in executing the ICL commercial strategy including the product early positioning for medium-long term
- Discuss the technical requirements of the equipment/solution to be purchased with End Users and Design Institutes
- Provide "voice of the Customer" and market intelligence to HQ team for technology/products improvement actions and strategy to enhance competitiveness
- Work closely with Com Ops team to generate unsolicited offers and commercial campaigns to influence Orders growth
- Assesses together with the Sales Account managers the need for channel partners in the territory and accelerate its development in key countries to amplify the opportunities' pipeline and orders intake
- Identify projects that offer the potential for maximizing income and growth; promote special initiatives to reduce cycle time, increase convertibility and cash
- Lead all the deals in his/her area of influence with support of regional sales team and the rest of the organization to ensure the required support for successful order closure
- Prepare various periodic and special projects reports such as sales forecasts; implement strategies to increase KPI's like hit/win rate
- Lead the collaboration with multidisciplinary teams internally to develop and articulate the winning value proposition
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.