Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Civil Engineering, Geologist
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer/Geologist to work with our growing geotechnical group in Phoenix, AZ.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Will work with and be mentored by Senior Geologists and Engineers
- Will support projects for state, federal, municipal, commercial and industrial geotechnical investigation.
- Approximately 70% field work and 30% office work
- Will work with drill rigs and direct push rigs for performing soil borings and coring.
- Responsible for task assignments from the project managers involving site investigation for geotechnical characterization
- Perform field work including but not limited to oversight of subcontractors, logging soil and core, field mapping, performing geophysical surveys and some oversight of small construction projects
- Will interpret field and analytical data.
- Will prepare work plans and proposals and cost estimates
- Will travel to project sites primarily in Arizona. Approximately 20% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Geology, Civil Engineering or related fields. MS is a plus
- 0 to 5+ years of experience
- Must be a self-starter, team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites primarily in Arizona. Approximately 20% overnight travel.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Experience with interpreting field and analytical data and preparing reports is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with field investigations is a plus
- Proficiency with the use of standard software packages including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.