Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Wood's Resilient Environments International team provides a wide range of environmental and engineering services to both the municipal and industrial markets covering all aspects of water, wastewater and solid waste management and treatment.
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, an opportunity has arisen for a Assistant Process Engineer with a degree in Chemical Engineering (BEng or Meng) to join our team based in Newcastle, Glasgow, Knutsford, London or Reading. Working within multidisciplinary project design teams, you will contribute to the delivery of the process engineering design content on a range of challenging projects across our market sectors.
As an Assistant Process Engineer, you will be participating in a range of stimulating and challenging assignments in the municipal or industrial water sector including but not limited to:
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Delivering process design work (from feasibility to detail design) to agreed scope and within agreed time and budgets
- Undertaking process calculations and modelling guided by our SME (subject matter experts).
- Undertaking basis of design, capturing purpose, context and conceptual design for the project and individual units
- Design studies, developing and assessing solutions using multi criteria decision tools (MCDA).
- Block Flow Diagrams, P&ID and heat and material balances
- Utilities and chemical consumption estimation
- Equipment process data sheets, sizing and defining major equipment and safeguarding systems.
- Participating in the production of operating philosophies, commissioning, operating and shutdown procedures
- Liaison with Vendors and suppliers
- Participate in design reviews and HAZOP meetings
- You will work on a portfolio of different projects and will apply your skills in a range of environments.
- You will report to one of our Process Leads and your role will develop as your knowledge of our business increases.
Skills / Qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of water and wastewater treatment technologies
- Problem solving
- Application of engineering principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the Industry / Consultancy Sector
- Interested in achieving Chartered Engineer status in the IChemE (CEng MIchemE) or CIWEM (CEng MCIWEM)
- Confidence in personal technical skills and competence in order to support/present technical solutions with clients
- Work effectively within multidisciplinary design teams and demonstrate effective leadership of process design
- Strong analytical skills and data assessment skills.
- Computer aided design and modelling: Biowin or other modelling computer software will be a bonus
- Process Safety knowledge: HAZOP, DSEAR studies, HAZID
- Degree level (or equivalent) in process/chemical or environmental engineering (MEng or BEng)
- Possession of a valid UK driving licence is essential, as is a willingness to travel and work for limited periods elsewhere within the UK and on occasion, overseas.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.