Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Job Purpose:
The Plant Manager is responsible for achieving the Key Performance Indicators and Objectives defined for the Plant in order to satisfy the Product Lines demand. This will be accomplished through the development and implementation of cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods, delivering and granting product specifications and quality standards ensuring HSE compliance. He/she will also be responsible for providing overall direction, coordination and evaluation of all manufacturing, quality, safety, and support employees at the facility. Responsible for the management of the Plant Drilling Services and Wireline Repair & Maintenance (R&M) Workshop, including all aspects of the repair and maintenance of DD, LWD, MWD, and RSS technologies as applicable for the Plant.
The role will report to a Manufacturing Director. Duties & Responsibilities:
SAFETY & COMPLIANCE
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Maintains safety and service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business.
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company policies and procedures, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices.
- Ensure compliance with Weatherford's, and where appropriate Clients', Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual (QSM), Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions and ensures awareness of applicable QSM requirements including quality policy, quality objectives, and the role of personnel to support the QSM.
- Leads, mentors, and provides supervision for R&M DD, LWD, MWD, and RSS Supervisors, as well as other facility personnel Responsible for personnel management; plan for personnel changes, forecast changes in personnel levels, source local recruits,
- Effectively manage cross functional relationships with other departments to support effective use of manpower, materials, and equipment, as well as productivity and quality improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for implementing the strategy and long-term planning of the facility's operations to ensure continued success in meeting customer expectations.
- Interface with Company engineers, sales force, purchasing, human resources and accounting personnel regarding facility issues, quotes and orders.
- Oversee, review and authorize procedures, work instructions, forms and other documents as applicable with the support of concerned personnel and measure & evaluate productivity.
- Develop and implement improvements to productivity, cost reduction and inventory management, including evaluating and maintaining appropriate levels of inventory while responsible for on-time shipment.
- Support the implementation and sustaining efforts to promote and execute new techniques and products, purchase and use of new machinery or equipment and optimize staff levels.
- Ensure plant operations are running in accordance with sales priorities and customer requests.
- Understand, comply, and set safety and environmental requirements/standards and company policies of Weatherford. Be a role model and conduct yourself in a safe manner at all times. Require the same of your employees.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Maintains effective level of communication with a broad range of stakeholders in order to plan activities to support business requirements.
- Ensure alignment and communication within Product Lines and Operations.
- Effectively manage routine maintenance projects to include establishing operating budgets, cost justification, quoting equipment and contractors, maintaining records, executing deliverables, meeting time and cost restraints.
- Oversee budget for operating costs and reviews and controls expenditures at the facility to ensure the facility's expenditures remain within annual budget.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Undertakes necessary training to enhance process excellence and the ability to improve overall performance.
- Oversee all employee activities which include hiring, training, performance appraisal, management and performance issues, including maintaining adequate, trained and motivated staff and ensures compliance with Company policies and all governmental health, safety, and fair employment practices.
- Promote teamwork within the plant.
- 10yrs Manufacturing Plant Manager experience minimum
- 5yrs Manufacturing Plant Manager experience minimum
- Full understanding of Capital Equipment processes and procedures
- Repair and Maintenance Capital Asset experience with managing R&M tools and processes in parallel to New Build production
- Manufacturing Supply Chain experience directly related to Drilling Services and Wireline Product lines
- Drilling Services or Wireline Services Preferred
- Capital Equipment Manufacturing & Repair & Maintenance
- Fundamental Lean Training and background knowledge of lean principles
- Bachelor's degree or experience equivalent to 10+ years of experience related to manufacturing, particularly in oilfield applications
- 5-8 years min experience in a manufacturing setting with hands on involvement in leading productivity improvement via setup reduction, tooling improvements, etc.
- Legally authorized to work in assigned location
- Ability to interact in English and potentially other language relevant in local plant
- Proficient in MS Office suite