Thermodyn Technical Sales Manager - APAC (Turbomachinery & Process Solutions)Would you like to lead a team creating winning solutions?Do you relish the prospect of working with cutting-edge energy products?Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) operates across 120 countries and serves the entire energy value-chain and industrial sector. We hold an extensive portfolio of rotating equipment, process flow, transmission technology and lifecycle services. Our Instrument Control Engineering Team uses cutting-edge technology to design gas and steam turbines, compressors and expanders.Partner with the best
As Thermodyn Technical Sales Manager - APAC, you will be responsible for delivering the annual order plan for new centrifugal compressor and steam turbine, including aftermarket, with specific focus on the Integrated Compressor Line (ICL) of the Thermodyn product portfolio. You will demonstrate accountability for functional business, and broad company objectives and will leverage cross-functional and cross business resources in order to maximize market penetration. This role will report into the TPS Business Unit Sales Leader with secondary reporting to the TPS E&P Sales Leader.
As a Thermodyn Technical Sales Manager - APAC, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Being accountable for driving orders, margin and win rate as well as supporting the TPS BU Sales Leader, in coordination with the E&P Sales Leader and the extended TPS Sales Team, in executing the ICL commercial strategy including the product early positioning for medium-long term.
- Being able to develop deep relations with right decision makers and key stakeholders in customers' organization to drive business enduring, including C-level, ensuring early engagement and coordination on key deals to best position for success.
- Discussing the technical requirements of the equipment/solution to be purchased with End Users and Design Institutes
- Providing "voice of the Customer" and market intelligence to HQ team for technology/products improvement actions and strategy to enhance competitiveness.
- Developing knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions, and customer base for Thermodyn products and related Services for portfolio competitiveness; touch new Customers to capture market opportunities, particularly in the industrial and new energies spaces
- Coordinating with DTI team (and Customers to map the CTQs) to scout and build up mid-long-term opportunities
- Working closely with Com Ops team to generate unsolicited offers and commercial campaigns to influence Orders growth
- Assessing together with the Sales Account managers the need for channel partners in the territory and accelerate its development in key countries to amplify the opportunities' pipeline and orders intake
- Identifying projects that offer the potential for maximizing income and growth; promote special initiatives to reduce cycle time, increase convertibility and cash
- Leading all the deals in his/her area of influence with support of regional sales team and the rest of the organization to ensure the required support for successful order closure
- Preparing various periodic and special projects reports such as sales forecasts; implement strategies to increase KPI's like hit/win rate
- Lead the collaboration with multidisciplinary teams internally (e.g. engineering, legal, risk, finance, communication, marketing etc) to develop and articulate the winning value proposition
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Have minimum 10+ years of experience in a sales/commercial role, preferably in the energy industry with rotating equipment (new products and/or services). Experience in new energies projects helpful
- Have strong team leadership experience with open, transparent communication style to foster a diverse culture of growth and inclusivity.
- Have deep knowledge for all technical aspect's specification compliance, scope development
- Have excellent communication skills - able to communicate with management and colleagues at all levels and excellent presentation skills and ability to work closely with customers
- Be highly articulate. Have record of success in previous employment.
- Be innovative and self-motivated individual and self-starter, able to work on his/her own initiative with the ability to work unsupervised
- Be able to map customer CTQs and translate into competitive offering, strong analytical skills and proven capabilities to develop business cases
- Have good interpersonal and leadership skills, inclusive working style and able to effectively interface with all levels of internal organization and external customers
- Be willing and ability to travel as needed
- Be fluent in speaking English, Italian and French would be an advantage
- Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions and must already satisfy local employment/work permit and residency regulations.
- Have prior experience in Sales, Commercial Operations, Product Leadership, DTI
- Have strategic mind set and proven track record of profitable business expansion
- Have good customer engagement skills and ability to foster and develop long term strategic partnerships
- Have commercial acumen with past experience in developing outcome based solutions
- Have experience in successfully managing geographically distributed sales teams
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- For us flexibility works both ways, we work with global customers and have annual targets, so as long as we can respond and deliver to these we can offer a lot of flexibility in this role. Talk to us about your desired flexible working options when you apply
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.