Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Security Systems Engineer (SSE) will oversee the IT Security components of the infrastructure delivery, as delegated by the Infrastructure Manager, ensuring the delivery is aligned to Enterprise standards. The SSE shall assure design and provide oversight to design, build, installation, commissioning and handover.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the Operational Critical Telecoms (OCT), Control & Instrumentation (C&I) and Global Wells Organization (GWO) to ensure IT Infrastructure solutions are integrated end-to-end with Bill of IT solutions and meet BP Standards.
- Advising the GPO IM of the most effective way to deliver the infrastructure programme objectives.
- Creating Infrastructure designs/strategies (high-level), including network, security and hosting, based on the requirements outlined by the various Major Project teams.
- Working with IT&S Architect team to ensure that that any proposed designs/strategies are compliant with current IT&S Standards.
- Feeding these designs/strategies to the Managed Service delivery team, for compilation of the Low-Level Designs (LLD), previously known as Technical Implementation Plans (TIP).
- Providing information, provided by the various Major Project leads/teams, to the Managed Service delivery team for production of the Low-Level Design.
- Reviewing Low Level Designs, Test Plans, etc. produced by the Managed Service delivery team.
- Working with BP central teams to provide all off-facility IT connectivity.
- Delivering pre-operations IT infrastructure to support the Major Project, such as Yard/Flotel connectivity and other deliverables associated with Hook Up and Commissioning (HUC).
- Working with Package Engineers/Vendors to ensure that proposed Vendor designs/solutions are compliant with current IT&S and Digital Security Standards, along with any AV, WSUS and RA requirements.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Previous experience designing operational systems for GPO Major Projects.
- Familiarity with industry standards for software, servers and networking.
- Awareness of BP's Engineering Technical Practice's, CVP and IT & Architecture standards.
- Knowledge of digital security, operational integrity and health and safety issues and practices associated with design and deployment of operational related systems.
- Good technical awareness of web-based applications and infrastructure.
- Experience working with technical and non-technical teams across a broad range of IT disciplines and geographies.
- Thorough knowledge of CVP (or alternate stage gate decision process) and underlying project methodologies.
- Ability to assess integrity and appropriateness of potential IT solutions
- Strong business awareness
- The SSE should have a good working knowledge of:
- Application Architectures
- System / Function Matrix
- Enterprise Manageability Diagrams
- Interface Catalogues
- Data Architectures
- Data flow diagrams
- Technology Architectures
- Environments and Locations Diagram
- Communication Engineering Diagram
- Strong Planning, Cost Estimating, Risk Management, Performance Management, Quality & Delivery Assurance skills
- Strong analytical skills, willing to challenge and be challenged
- Strong interpersonal skills working at all levels in an organization
- Strong attention to detail and delivery focused
- Strong motivation with proactive approach to find options and solutions
- Experience of BP Upstream, and Group & Segment IT&S technologies and tools
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Section above already lists some skills desired.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.