Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
We are seeking an experienced Climate Strategy Specialist to join the Company's sustainability function.
You will work as part of a wider group of strategists responsible for articulating and crafting the strategic positions behind the Company's climate corporate strategy and communication narratives. You will coordinate and communicate with various internal stakeholders and strategy owners on strategy development, annual updates and execution of review processes. You will be providing ad-hoc studies, intelligence and strategic analysis on various regulatory and market trends and changes affecting climate change and sustainability domains.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a closely related specialty. A graduate degree is highly desirable.
• 10+ years of climate and sustainability related experience
• Solid experience in strategy development and strategic planning
• Experience of developing and applying scenarios-based thinking to climate resilience assessments
• Experience of developing and advocating climate policy positions
•Understanding of climate change impact and risk assessment models
• Knowledge of circular economy and low carbon technologies challenges and financing models is desirable
• Technical expertise in low carbon project development, energy transition and carbon markets
• Expertise in the Sustainable Finance & Investing space or knowledge of financial services sector from sustainability perspective is a plus
• Self-motivated, autonomous with a can-do attitude
• Demonstrable mastery in extensive use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and experience developing market research and business cases for new strategies
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Mentor less experienced analysts and professional staff
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Draft strategic positions, policy and narratives related to climate and sustainability for Company management consideration
• Lead external engagement with appropriate stakeholders to inform the Company position internally, and advocate Company position externally
• Assist in the development, annual update and strategy execution review of the Company's climate and sustainability strategy
• Execute and monitor action plans with defined objectives, targets and responsibilities to support the climate and sustainability strategies
• Measure and monitor progress against the climate strategies, objectives and performance targets
• Identify the latest trends and independently initiate research, special studies and analysis as required on climate change policies, sustainable development goals, sustainability reporting frameworks, sustainability rating agencies, responsible investments and other stakeholders
• Disseminate research findings through the publication of reports, briefing notes, position papers to senior management on climate and sustainability strategic elements
• Craft climate and sustainability metrics, reporting, and analytics, benchmarking Saudi Aramco's performance versus its peers
• Manage, facilitate, and follow-through strategy development and execution review workshops
• Conduct economic studies and cost analyses to provide guidance on low carbon project investments opportunities
• Review the Company's polices, design criteria and relevant operating parameters to support the development of projects related to low carbon projects
As an integrated, global petroleum enterprise with operations in Saudi Arabia, Europe, the United States and the Far East, Saudi Aramco is one of the cornerstones of the world's energy supply. Saudi Aramco has a proud legacy of accomplishment in the oil and gas industry. In recent years, the Company has been creating downstream joint and equity ventures, both in Saudi Arabia and in China, and is exploring additional opportunities in refining and petrochemicals. Projects such as these, combined with Saudi Aramco's stature - both as a corporation and as a corporate citizen - in the Kingdom and wherever the Company does business, make for a challenging and rewarding work environment for the personnel of the Finance business line.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.