Overview / Responsibilities
Are you a Project Manager (PM) with more than 10 years of experience managing decommissioning and demolition (D&D), environmental remediation and civil construction projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with Senior Staff on a variety of technically challenging D&D projects, environmental remediation projects and various other civil projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established international engineering/consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Wood) is currently seeking a Project Manager
to join our project management team that has members across the eastern United States. The position is approximately 20 percent field work and 80 percent office work on a variety of projects for a wide range of industrial, commercial, federal, state and municipal clients. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications Role Requirements
- Management of scopes, schedules and budgets for D&D, environmental study and remediation projects and various other types of civil projects.
- Manage/oversee Wood staff and contractors executing decommissioning, regulated materials abatement and demolition on a wide range of facilities, including power plants, chemical plants and industrial/commercial buildings. Other projects may include environmental studies and remediation and other civil works projects.
- Overall field safety involving Wood personnel, contractors and other onsite personnel.
- Manage the preparation of work plans, contractor bidding documents and requests for proposals and assist in contractor procurement.
- Manage the preparation of conceptual construction cost estimates.
- Review plans and specifications for constructability during design.
- Conduct technical reviews of project deliverables.
- Assist and/or lead the development of proposals for D&D, environmental study and remediation and other civil projects.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior staff.
- Interface with Wood clients, government officials and other stakeholders.
- Work with multiple Wood offices and staff to coordinate projects.
- Maintain and develop vendor and other professional contacts.
- Participate in training events, project meetings, and construction/engineering team meetings.
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Travel to project sites primarily in the Mid-West but with some travel to the Mid-Atlantic region.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree.
- 10 or more years project management-related experience preferably in decommissioning/demolition, environmental study and remediation projects and civil type projects.
- PE preferred
- Understanding of environmental regulations, including the management of regulated materials and asbestos
- Understanding of means and methods associated with D&D, environmental studies, remediation technologies, civil type work, CSI specifications, and construction drawings.
- Strong fundamental math skills.
- Maintain and advocate a safe working environment.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Must pass drug test, entrance physical, and background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Computer knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hr training in accordance with 29CFR1910.120
- OSHA HAZWOPER 8-hr Site Supervisor
- OSHA 10 or 30 hr Construction Safety
- Working outside in various, inclement weather conditions, uneven terrain.
- Office/Field work with computer.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.