Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore Maintenance Electrical Engineer to join the O&M team in Equatorial Guinea on a rotational basis (10x3).
The incumbent will be responsible for providing comprehensive Maintenance Electrical Engineering support and maintenance recommendations to ensure the integrity, reliability and availability of the offshore electrical equipment and systems in compliance with the Company's Responsible Operation Management System as well as all Company Health, Environment and Safety Policies.
1. Lead any investigations into equipment trips/failures defining actions to be taken to resolve the issue. Managing these actions to completion.
2. Working with other disciplines to ensure the required solutions are achieved
3. Act as technical Electrical Maintenance engineer for the offshore project for all work associated with the recovery, commissioning and startup of equipment.
4. Run a schedule of upcoming Electrical incident action items work for maintenance, engineering and reliability improvement and ensure parts/procedures and resources are clearly identified and documented.
5. Power Management System (PMS) - support troubleshoot and health check on the Offshore development and Implementation using the ACCERATOR QUICKSET software to interact with the Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) relay and controllers.
6. Work with Offshore Maintenance Supervisors to planned maintenance work - continual optimization of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies based on equipment history/condition based monitoring capabilities to the extent reasonably practical.
7. Signing off on hand over documentation following repair work or engineering project activities.
8. Conducts Electrical Equipment surveys and As Builds relevant drawings to reflect field installation
9. Managing overall Power system reliability (data from past events/electrical reliability issues) identify proposals for improvement, produce business case and present to stake holders for further review.
10. Evaluate Critical Offshore Power system equipment spares and management.
11. Review existing proposed work scope (reactive, planned, upgrades and develop a business case for either doing these or rejecting them)
12. Taking ownership of technical issues and working these through to completion
13. Input into other Technical areas when required by supervision
14. Advise in the development and oversee operation of equipment performance and obsolescence.
15. Develop procedures and standards with Offshore team sustaining integrity and reliability, working closely with the I&E Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Engineers.
16. Initiate and suggest equipment and/or system changes for improvement.
17. In-depth knowledge and practical experience of testing, monitoring, maintenance and trouble-shooting on electrical equipment.
18. Sound understanding Low, medium and high voltage theory and practical experience of plant maintenance.
19. Thorough knowledge of international standards for the design, manufacture and testing of all electrical equipment including API's 14F, 14C, 500,. NFPA 70,70B, 70E. NETA/MTS and NETA/ATS.
20. Ability to technically support trouble-shoot and assist to resolve new problems.
21. Sound interpersonal, communication and IT skills to communicate well at levels including management, maintenance and operation of a Production Unit.
22. Ability to produce soundly presented technical reports.
#rz #ZR # wood18
Skills / Qualifications
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.