Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood Resilient Environments - Canada is hiring a Senior Project Manager- Geotechnical/Environmental for our Project Management Office (PMO) which provides project management services to major projects across Canada.
This individual will have overall responsibility for managing the bidding and execution of major Geotechnical/Environmental projects, ranging from field exploration programs to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, as well as the management and coordination of project personnel and sub-consultants to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations.
Please note this position can be based in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia with the option to work remotely.
- Manage multi-disciplined projects teams comprised of various engineering and environmental discipline specialists, and associated subconsultants;
- Interface directly with clients on projects;
- Network with new and existing clients to effectively position for and develop work opportunities;
- Prepare contract proposals and cost estimates;
- Preparation of engineering designs, detailed reports, plans, assessments and studies;
- Provide guidance and mentoring to senior, intermediate and junior professional staff and engineers
- Developing and implementing the project execution plan;
- Ensuring overall project scope of services and scope of work is performed in a safe, cost effective and timely manner that meets and/or exceeds client expectations;
- Providing leadership to the project team on HSSE matters and ensuring that all employees and contractors carry out their duties and responsibilities as defined in the project HSSE execution plan;
- Monitoring and reviewing all project delivery components including administration, document control, project control, staff planning, design, supply chain management;
- Overseeing the development of all project budgets, schedules and progress reports;
- Developing and managing project-specific change and risk management systems;
- Ensuring project requirements for permits, licenses and regulatory agency approvals are met and up to date;
- Ensuring an appropriate review process is implemented for the project including internal and client project reviews, risk reviews, constructability and independent peer reviews;
- Opportunity to collaborate on projects throughout Canada
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of project management experience managing multi-disciplined projects teams comprised of various engineering and environmental discipline specialists, and associated subconsultants
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing projects in excess of $10M.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil / Geotechnical Engineering required
- Current registration or eligibility to register as a P.Eng. in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program is considered an asset. PMP designation is preferred
- Excellent organizational, technical writing, communication and team-building skills;
- Oral communication (English) and active listening skills to explain complex procedures and techniques, to help ensure information is understood
- Proven track record interfacing with senior management on project/program performance, bid evaluation, etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients and subconsultants;
- Valid Driver's License
- Able to travel to project sites across Canada
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.