Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Under direct supervision, performs standard tasks using established methods, principles, concepts & procedure related to software. Assists in writing and implementing software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Applies theoretical knowledge to practical problems in software design. Independent judgment is made on tasks of low complexity.
- Install, Upgrade and configure SCADA and Production Optimization Systems
- Build Screens, Workflows, Reports to support customer operations and SCADA hardware
- Interact with Customers to understand and troubleshoot Product Issues
- Provide custom solutions, utilities and system integration using scripts.
- Participate in software testing during the release cycle and customer .
- Train customers on system usage and new product features.
- Identify cause of problem reported by debugging Program/Scripts. if necessary correct them or report them to the developers
- Provide support to internal and external clients working on consulting projects which use the company's optimization software.
- Understand how Production Optimization Products work from the users Perspective.
- Should be able to troubleshoot issues related to SCADA Hardware and Radio communications
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- BS Computer Science or Engineering Or similar studies
- Debugging /programming skills in VB or other programming language, SQL, XML,
- Windows programming environment and web development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to calmly manage crisis situations
- Ability to plan ahead and organize daily and weekly tasks
- Experience in a similar role trouble shooting and diagnosing problems with hardware and software
- Work Experience working with SCADA software and Hardware
- Experience in Oil and Gas Industry - Production