Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for a Junior to Mid-Level Environmental Engineer to join our Denver, CO Environmental team.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Approximately 70% office and 30% field work is anticipated supporting environmental projects for industrial, commercial, mining, oil and gas and government clients.
- Work will be performed under the direction of the Environmental Service Line Lead or a Senior Project Manager.
- Project assignments may include report writing, Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, water treatment and remediation planning, design and data management.
- Work may include development of work plans, preparation of cost estimates and leading sampling and environmental remediation implementation and investigation efforts in the field.
- Work may also include preparation of reports, correspondence, calculations and developing technical recommendations.
- Responsibilities may include compilation of analytical data, checking tables, working with Excel spreadsheets, performing data analyses such as graphing and statistical tests.
- Additional responsibilities may include assistance with tasks for proposal preparation such as technical writing and cost estimate development.
- Responsibilities may include travel to project sites in Colorado and out of state, with approximately 30% overnight travel expected.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related engineering degree. MS degree is a plus.
- EIT highly preferred and PE is a plus.
- 2 to 5+ years of environmental experience including field work and report writing.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to clearly communicate with co-workers and clients in the office as well as in other locations by phone and email.
- Experience with water treatment process design and mass balance calculations are a plus.
- Experience with business development, proposal preparation and client contacts are a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in the MS Office suite.
- AutoCAD and GIS skills are a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplined teams as well as experience in working directly with clients and members of the regulating community.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in Colorado and out of state.
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate and MSHA 24-hour Surface Miner certificate desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in field sampling of soil, groundwater and surface water.
- Looking for creative, high energy individual that can identify and understand problems and offer innovative ideas and solutions.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.