Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Malabo, Bioko Norte, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore Roustabout with previous experience in the offshore oil and gas industry.
The position is to work offshore Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis the normal working rotation is 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off.
Please note this position is only open to Equatorial Guinea nationals.
Duties include but are not limited to general labour in the operation and maintenance of the platform facilities. Assists in the operation and maintenance of oil and gas production facilities under general supervision in a manner consistent with regulatory and environmental rules, regulations, and testing procedures.
Under close supervision, assists in Operation and Maintenance tasks for oil and gas production facilities;
- Clean, paint and maintain facilities
- Performs and Assists with crane rigging operations
- Completes work in a manner consistent with the EHS policies and procedures
- Participates as appropriate with other personnel to promote safety and optimize operating efficiency
- Performs other duties as requested
Skills / Qualifications
- Gained working experience on an offshore oil and gas facility
- BOSIET & CA\EBS Certificate
Industry Experience and knowledge:
- Basic understanding of safely operate hand and power tools associated with Industrial Piping construction
- Basic understanding of piping bolt-up, an understanding of torque valves and follow company torquing procedure and an understanding of hand and pneumatic torquing equipment.
- Must lead by example and promote safety polices, practices and a safe work culture while on the job.
- Ability to work at heights (Scaffolding, etc.)
- Basic maths skills
- Basic knowledge of common hand tools
PC Application Skills:
- IT literate with proficiency in word processing, report writing and delivering presentations
- Competent in communicating in English language, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment alongside other technical disciplines
- Ability to live and function appropriately on an offshore facility, working a rotational schedule in a tropical environment
- Ability to take direction and adapt to changing priorities in a challenging environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.