Skills: Production Operator, Production Technologist
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Production Technician (Chemicals) - Board / Reaction / Blend
Are you passionate about Chemical Manufacturing?
Do you enjoy ensuring the production of high quality for Chemical Manufacturing?
Join our Chemical Manufacturing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Our team ensures high quality, consistency and reliability for all products throughout the complete life-cycle of our chemical manufacturing production process.
Partner with the best
As a Production Technician (chemicals), you're to performs duties that are associated with the operation of the plant's operating units and responsible for the safe and efficient processing of a batch chemical plant consisting of reactors, blenders, tank farms, and utilities. Your duties include the movements of materials including hazardous chemicals along with manual lifting when/as required as accordance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and ISO Certified Procedures according to global standards
As a Production Technician (chemicals), you will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating knowledge of basic chemical manufacturing processes with knowledge of all safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrating initiative at increasing knowledge of products, processes and equipment. Including operating all reactor and blend units and associated processes efficiently and safely
- Demonstrating computer literate with attention to detail and experience in a manufacturing environment with ability to enter accurate data into plant computer system
- Working both within the control room as well as on-plant m anufacturing products in reactors or blenders and handling of related equipment by interpreting batch tickets, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and ISO procedures
- Effectively communicate with Technicians on board to ensure smooth operation of reactor / blender / related equipment and vice versa
- Completing and maintaining paper and electronic records as per site specifics on production data and reporting. Calculating batch yields and performs basic calculations
- Loading, unloading and transferring raw materials and products in controlling the amount of waste generated and disposes of waste according to environmental requirements
- Conducting regular maintenance checks and servicing of the plant to ensure a high level of operational standard is maintained. Ensure good housekeeping in the working area; and all safety rules are complied with
- Actively participate in Activity Based Risk Assessment, understand the hazard and control measures for each activity and suggest additional control measures to reduce the risk level.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have High School or Nitec or Diploma or equivalent
- Have previous experience as a Chemical Plant Operator / Production / Process Technician in a batch chemical plant
- Experience in ABB 800xA automation system or equivalent
- Have experience of working with Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and have utilized safety data sheets and understand chemical hazards.
- Participate in Activity Based Risk Assessment
- Ability to handle, carry and charge 25KG powder raw materials
- Have WSQ CERT Course trained for company emergency response Team (CERT)
- Have forklift License
- Have knowledge in Computer
- Have ability to problem solve and forward planning
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload
This role will be based in Jurong Island
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Please discuss your preferred working patterns with the recruiter during the process
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.