Skills: Workover or Completion
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Commissioning I&C Engineer with Upstream oil and gas offshore experience. The position will be located in Houston, TX and Ingleside, TX
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in th US without sponsorship required.
The Systems Completion Engineer (SCE) position is necessary to develop and implement Systems Completion (SC) plans to facilitate the safe, efficient handover/turnover of the Anchor project systems from construction to pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start up. The SCE will interface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment of SC plans and enable a smooth Facility handover to the Base Business organization.
During Detailed Engineering, the I&C SCE will be responsible for ensuring completion of the systems engineering deliverables as well as commissioning procedures (including Function Test Procedures, Control Narrative and Cause and Effect Test Procedures) required for SC site execution. The position will interface with the Project I&C design team, the Main Automation Contractor (MAC) and all related equipment manufacturers and contractors in developing and reviewing their Testing plans and Procedures, commissioning work packs, identifying/procuring commissioning spares and ensuring that the facilities design (with focus on Instrumentation, Control and Automation scope) enables the safe and reliable pre-comm. and commissioning of the facility, with assistance and support from the SC contractor.
During execution, the I&C SCE will become part of a multidisciplinary team of SCEs that will drive systems to completion using Chevron SC methods, processes and tools. SCEs will become system owners and perform as scope managers, directing the day-to-day and upcoming scope of work using resources including: other disciplines' SCEs, construction, commissioning and Field Service Representative contractor personnel to meet project milestones and schedules. The SCE will ensure adherence with the project turnover requirements stipulated in the SC program deliverables.
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge and effective application of the work processes and deliverables required for Systems Completion during execution and understanding of the associated impact, importance and limitations of the same.
- Experience in providing I&C system engineering support in Major Capital Projects (MCPs) during pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and/or Business Units operating environment.
- Exposure to developing and/or executing construction and commissioning scopes of work and prioritizing them to meet schedule needs.
- Experience in construction and commissioning execution for I&C systems. Previous MCP execution experience highly desirable. Experience with DeltaV Control System desirable.
- General upstream or downstream FE technical problem solving experience associated with Instrumentation, Controls, Automation and Electrical engineering.
- Experience with developing & reviewing key I&C engineering deliverables as well Process Automation Systems (PAS) for MCPs (as appropriate including commissioning and start-up).
- Experience with design and commissioning of safety instrumented systems. Functional safety certified engineer preferred.
- Experience working with I&C vendors and utilizing vendor support for engineering development and construction/commissioning execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or or proven 10 years minimum of offshore Commissioning I&C commissioning experience.
- Minimum of 20 years of related facilities engineering experience supporting upstream projects and operations with specific I&C design, commissioning and/or start-up experience
- Robust understanding of Oil and Gas processing equipment operation including operations and troubleshooting in upstream deep water operations
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.