Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Wood is seeking a Senior Geotechnical/Mining Discipline Lead for our Quebec office.
This individual will have strong geotechnical or mining engineering expertise, along with proven leadership and project management skills and business development abilities. The desired candidate will be able to demonstrate proven leadership skills in setting the direction and growth for the geotechnical and tailings management discipline; she/he will be responsible for managing a large and growing team of professionals.
- Lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams, working with professionals to deliver high quality projects on time and within budget
- Actively mentor and develop staff in your team, in the interests of their long-term career objectives and operational needs
- Contribute to Business Planning for market penetration of geotechnical services
- Maintain and foster a strong Health and Safety culture
- Manage recruitment needs and potential hiring targets as warranted by existing and expected workload, and subsequently lead the implementation of hiring for your discipline
- Support the Operations Management Team, with responsibilities for, but not limited to:
- Business planning
- Staff remuneration
- Month end financial close
- Growing the business
- Manage clients, contractors and sub-consultants on projects (as required)
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex technical problems independently, and to serve as a key management resource in the geotechnical and mining sector
- Create a collaborative working environment that empowers and promotes staff development and advancement
- Oversight of technical quality, and delivery of projects including design, review and project management according to client-approved scopes of work
- Be a champion for practical solutions for projects and operations, leveraging our existing foundation of global best practices (fit for project).
- Work collaboratively with the larger Wood team; be able to recognize, initiate, and advance opportunities leading to overall team and portfolio growth.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Mining/Geotechnical Engineering; Postgraduate degree an asset
- 15+ years of experience in geotechnical, mining or heavy civil construction, and design and management roles, preferably in the mining industry
- Keen interest in a variety of geotechnical/mining engineering assignments across a variety of mining methods and locations
- Strong technical and project management skills
- Excellent workplace safety practices (advocate for global best practices)
- Practically minded and a passion for technical excellence
- Will possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare proposals and technical reports, in compliance with applicable agencies' requirements.
- Exceptional communication, report writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated
- Will be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
- Will be fluently bilingual (French/English)
- Will be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.