Exciting job in Offshore Wind in France!!! please e-mail us on email@example.com
Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Commissioning Manager.
The WTG Commissioning Manager will initially be positioned on the St-Brieuc Offshore Windfarm located in Brittany
, France. The role will be split between the office (Paris) and the construction site (Kerantour, St-Malo, Le-Havre). Upon project completion the candidate will be allocated to another project within the Iberdrola project pipeline.
The person selected for the position will be working for the Project Commissioning Team and assigned to the WTG Package. This position requires prior knowledge and experience of Offshore Windfarm projects, Wind Turbine Generators and Electrical Systems such as HV distribution, LV schematics, commissioning procedures and best practices, SCADA systems and relevant engineering standards.
The ideal candidate will speak French and English minimum; and have previous experience with SGRE turbines in an offshore environment however this is not essential.
- Be responsible for the WTG Commissioning Sub-service and assist with the management of the Commissioning Service Contract.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Wind Turbines are commissioned according to the relevant standards and project specifications, in a defined time.
- Ensure that all of the WTG commissioning tests are in compliance with the approved protocols.
- Ensure that the commissioning of the WTGs is aligned with the Turbine Supply Agreement (TSA) for tests such as Reliability Trail Run, SCADA Reliability tests, etc.
- Work with the Turbine Supplier to plan the site commissioning tasks and commissioning workflows.
- Work with the Turbine Supplier and Safety from the System team to plan the WTG Energisation Strategy and Programme.
- Act as the main site point of contact for the WTG Supplier for commissioning related activities.
- Plan and coordinate Employer Commissioning tasks such as switchgear SCADA integration tests, WTG SCADA integration tests and grid compliance tests.
- Be able to create and/or review commissioning procedures detailing the process to be followed in each test of the different equipment.
- Attend progress, co-ordination and interface meetings with the team, client and contractors.
- Approve WTG commissioning procedures.
- Provide technical support, advice and instructions to various contractors and others on site.
- Deliver commissioning site works in accordance with Project Quality and Environmental processes and procedures. Minimise non-conformances or resolved within specified timescales.
- Geography - Base location: Paris office with regular travel to various site locations.
- Commissioning management, managing a Commissioning team under their responsibility.
- Manage Commissioning Team. Numbers could vary from 1 to 15 depending on work activities.
- Provide support, coaching and technical advice.
- From the commissioning side, to work in coordinating with the several contractors, manufactures like principal point of reference for the commissioning assets.
- Experience with WTG Commissioning.
- Experience with managing commissioning aspects of Turbine Supply Agreements (TSA)
- Experience in Wind Projects, preferably offshore.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Experience managing a team of engineers/technicians.
- Knowledge of Health, safety and environmental legislation applicable to construction projects.
- Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of plant apparatus, control & protection equipment on transmission network.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge on main safety regulations concerning the commissioning works.
- Fluent English speaking
- Experience with French labour regulations such as Labour Code and Habilitation Electrique.
- Operation & Control Experience with WTGs
- Telecommunication Experience
- Experience with SGRE wind turbine generators and SCADA systems.
- French and Spanish speaking
- Achieving company's goals and objectives by meeting project targets.
- Supporting the project to meet the project programme whilst ensuring health and safety is not compromised.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with all project team members, contractors and key stakeholders.
- Day to day management decisions relating to delivery of the project.
- Taking necessary actions to minimise claims from WTG contractor.
- Ensuring that the commissioning service contractors are adequately resourced to successfully deliver their obligations.
- Track offshore WTG commissioning activities and monitor contractor progress.
- Attend site daily coordination meetings to ensure successful planning of commissioning activities.
- Support the WTG package with commissioning related tasks and technical issues.
- Effectively communicate progress to the Lead Commissioning Manager.
- Collaborate with other commissioning teams to ensure effective communication of activities that will affect the WTG supplier such as energisation, de-energisation, etc.
- Collaborate with O&M and the WTG package to ensure smooth handover of the assets to the operational phase of the project.
- Collaborate with the Lead Commissioning Manager to assist with cost control and ensure that the commissioning services contractor is adequately resourced.
- Support the WTG Contract managers with claim disputes and historic operational information.
- Collaborate with the Control Room staff such as Control Persons and Senior Authorised Persons to ensure control, energisation and work activities run efficiently
- Build strong working relationships with the WTG supply contractor and their employees.
- Work with the suppliers/contractor for other packages with WTG related interfaces such as Free-issue equipment, consenting and Transmission system Operators.
- CCNSG / CSCS Supervisor Passport.
- Full GWO.
- First Aid at work.
- Habilitation Electrique (French Electrical Accreditation)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with electrical commissioning activities.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within the renewable sector - essential
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- Flexibility in working hours to meet the needs of the job
- Excellent inter-personal, verbal & written communication skills.
- The ability to plan and organise conflicting requirements and meet challenging deadlines.
- Good analytical and technical decision-making skills.
- Ability to work both within a team as well as independently.
- Skills in use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Document management and Programme management packages
- A broad understanding of IEC and the market the business operates
- IOSH Managing Safely (or similar).
- Able to speak Fluent English.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.