Skills: Commercial Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
We are recruiting for a Commercial Lead on a permanent staff basis, based in Glasgow.
The Commercial Lead is responsible for all commercial matters in the company.
The position must support in the overall delivery of company business objectives by aligning the deliverables to that of the Business Unit strategy.
The commercial lead will liaise with the central finance team and support group objectives through alignment of commercial deliverables with operational performance.
- Manage and develop the commercial team
- Delivery of robust and relevant commercial information to all company stakeholders
- WIP management - valuation through to cash conversion
- Debtor management - own the debtor book and work to improve the cash position in the business
- Monthly reporting of job performance in line with GEG Capital reporting timetable
- Support the company budgeting process
- Provide analysis to support the company strategy
- Ensure structured communication of the commercial information
- Allocate relevant commercial resource to projects where appropriate
- Structure data inputs, for example time writing, to support commercial department goals
- Be a leader in marginal gains for the company.
- Align recognised business processes to the company BMS and authorisation matrix
- Support in new contract negotiations to set company norms that support manageable growth
- Gain understanding of current contracts to maximize outputs in conjunction with PMs
- Understand the contractual, commercial terms and administration requirements of the contracts to assist in managing and mitigating risks associated with contract delivery
- Proactively provide advice and support to the Operations Stakeholders and Project Teams regarding the contractual and commercial aspects of the contracts Commercial Lead
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ Procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training and development in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department demonstrating ongoing competency required in role.
- Participate in annual and regular performance appraisal with relevant supervisor and/or manager, identifying and agreeing objectives and targets in relation to personal development.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the system and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
- Experience in a similar role with particular emphasis on providing accurate reliable information to relevant stakeholders.
- Must have good working knowledge of relevant systems and excellent inter personal skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data then present in a consistent, organised and accurate format
- Ability to communicate, engage and influence effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Numerate with strong analytical and problem solving ability