Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position requires the incumbent to play a key role in the setting up and managing of the External Corrosion Management (ECM) System through designated client project(s). Further responsibilities lie with managing cost, resources and process to achieve delivery that meets the client's needs of time, budget and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Define and agree project scope, criteria and constraints in accordance with ECM procedures and client requirements
- Define, plan and manage the activities, resources, schedule and quality of the project in accordance with Oceaneering's management system
- Apply appropriate performance and quality measures are installed and maintained from project inception through delivery and client acceptance
- Instigate and attend regular progress/quality meetings with client and internally
- Manage financial aspects of project resource and overhead costs connected to the projects under their control
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- Directly supervises FM support personnel within the Angola AI BP team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Senior Coatings Engineer/FM Specialist will report to Principal Engineer (UK based) for Angola project
- The individual will also have a dotted line reporting responsibility to Angola Operations Manager
- Performance will be measured by Principal Engineer and Operations Manager
- Critical partnership exists with client Integrity Manager
- HNC/HND in Civil/Structural or Mechanical Engineering
- Degree in Civil/Structural or Mechanical Engineering
- Recognised Supervisory / Management qualification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- At least 5 years' experience in relevant oil and gas area with focus on fabric maintenance
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Experience of the oil and gas FM working environment particularly offshore
- Structural and/or piping experience
- Detailed understanding of structural and P&ID drawings
- Extensive experience with the ECM methodology and processes
- Extensive exposure to work with paint contractors and clients
- Understanding of fabric maintenance processes
- Supervisory experience in FM environment
- Exposure to work with paint contractors
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environment Policy of both ECM and client
- Contribute to development of Oceaneering's technical and management processes and systems
- Promote Oceaneering's capabilities with clients
- Clear and concise in communication skills
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised at times
- Ability to work well as a team
- Prioritise workload to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Solution focused approach to problem solving
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Insulation experience
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.