Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood are seeking a Entry Level Mechanical or Structural Engineer to work out of our office in Pittsburgh, PA. The successful candidate will be responsible for project engineering covering a wide range of client facilities and plant projects. Projects are often multi-disciplined covering process, civil, mechanical, and electrical power and Instrumentation & control. This role will have responsibility for the successful delivery of each project through engineering, permitting, deliverables (drawings, specifications and technical reports), construction inspection and startup/commissioning support.
The selected candidate will become part of an established engineering practice working on prominent potable water distribution and storage, water and wastewater treatment, and pump station projects in the Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio region. Representative client sectors include: Municipal/Local, County, State, and Federal Government, Commercial & Industrial and Energy customers.
- Support the Project Manager and/or Senior Engineer(s) with all project engineering client assignment tasks.
- Willingness to learn and provide technical assistance with project assignments to develop detail engineering drawings, specifications, technical reports and permit applications.
- Accurately complete projects using good engineering principles and techniques.
- Ability to provide support multidiscipline project engineering, design, studies, permitting, OEM vendor interface, contractor oversight, construction inspection and startup/commissioning functions for projects involving treatment systems, plant equipment upgrades, pump stations, tanks, pipelines and related facilities.
- Accurately complete projects using engineering principles, good practices and techniques.
- Develop and prepare Autodesk AutoCAD 2020 drawing development.
- Ability to travel, approximately 25% of project time.
- Develop specifications, equipment lists, instrument lists, motor lists, O & M manuals, process control descriptions PFDs, P&IDs, equipment system layout drawings, piping drawings, equipment calculations, orthographic, isometric drawing packages and installation specifications.
- Support technical and engineering discussions and meetings with clients, supporting the Project Manager and/or Senior engineer.
- Interface and seek technical information and proposal quotes from Original Equipment Manufacturers ("OEM") to design and select integrated process treatment systems.
- Collaborate with multi discipline engineers (process, civil/environmental, civil/ structural, mechanical, and electrical/I&C) and other project team member personnel to develop drawings, calculations, technical reports and specifications.
- Participate in management assigned local, regional, and national water/wastewater and industrial organizations as needed.
- Serve as subject matter technical expert on specific tasks or projects.
- Responsible for the effective management of own time and effort in accordance with business unit priorities and objectives.
- Control project-related expenditures so that project milestones and deliverables are accomplished within budget.
- Understand and meet project budgets supporting the Project Manager.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in related Engineering field, from an accredited university. Mechanical or structural (with water/wastewater treatment college courses) is preferred, but similar engineering experience from another discipline, will be considered (e.g. chemical engineering).
- 0 to 2 years or more years of engineering water/wastewater, Mechanical, Electrical and Process (MEP) and energy sector experience.
- Experience in developing delivery drawings, calculations and specifications to specific client and industry standards.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership ability.
- Ability to work in group settings with a project team.
- Competency with Microsoft office suite (word, excel, outlook, etc.).
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize various engineering design software packages.
- Know and ability to use AutoCAD a plus.
- Certificate engineering-in-training or professional engineer license or ability to receive it within 12 months, a plus.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.