Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Wood is currently recruiting for a Contract Manager whose role will be to assist the Project's Managers in the management of the Contract with specific focus on potential contractual issues with Clients and/or erection subcontractors.
Typical areas of involvement will be the request of contract changes, contractual management of delays and associated possible claims and contractual issues, contract's related correspondence with Clients and with erection subcontractors.
The role, based in Milan, will suit a Contract / Claim Manager with a proven record of 4/5 years of experience in similar position
- Be well informed of the development of the Project and the status of Contract Changes for the Project under execution. S/He will attend periodic project reviews to be informed of the project status at all times
- Provide the necessary support to Project Director to conveniently document the actions or activities that contractually require it
- Prepare project correspondence (in / out from / to) Subcontractors and Client in regard to contractual relevant topics
- Actively participate, in coordination with relevant Project specialists, in meetings with Subcontractors
- Interface with Project Control function in regard to time impact and delay analysis
- Prepare claims / Contract Changes requests
- Provide support to the Project Director by preparing presentations and providing back up information until the resolution of any claim and / or Contract Changes
- Provide support to the Project Director in managing the claims received from Subcontractors
- Interface and coordinate with Legal dpt for legal support whenever required
Skills / Qualifications
- Master Degree in technical discipline or Law degree
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of relevant working experience in equivalent functions
- Proven knowledge and expertise in contractual management, particularly on contract changes and claims, etc.
- Excellent command of English both spoken and written at a negotiation level
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude and a desire to win
- Available to travel to construction sites for short assignments
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.