Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Functional Safety Engineer to join our team in Perth, Western Australia as part of its Operations APAC (West) business. This is a permanent role.
Wood "Operations" delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas industry. Wood enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent Oil & Gas and LNG producers with operations in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
As a Senior Functional Safety Engineer, you will be reporting directly to the Engineering Manager and working across FEED / Execution to EPCM delivery.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead Automation Engineering efforts for the design and implementation of automation systems for oil & gas and process industry projects focusing on Functional Safety and Safety Lifecycle requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise for all phases of automation projects, front-end engineering through detailed design, configuration, implementation, testing, start-up and commissioning .
- Provide technical guidance to the engineering design teams for equipment, instrumentation and SIS configuration modifications based on the outcome of Functional Safety analysis.
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities...
Skills / Qualifications
You must have full Australian work rights to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor degree (Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering) or a Technical Diploma from a recognised institution complimented with relevant experience
- Functional Safety Certification required (CFSP/CFSE, ISA84 SIS Expert or TUV)
Ideally, you will have 7+ years of proven experience in control systems integration with an operating company, systems vendor or engineering services provide within the brownfields onshore / offshore oil & gas industry, including 2+ years of relevant experience in a functional safety role, supervising / guiding functional safety design and implementation projects .
You will have:
- Expertise in functional safety related deliverables:- Functional Safety Plans, Safety Requirements Specifications, SIL Verification calculations, Cause and Effects, Validation Test Procedures and facilitating Functional Safety Assessments and Audits
- Good understanding of LOPA methodology and best practices
- Expertise with SIL verification tools such as SILSolver and exSILentia
- Proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment
- Design knowledge of applicable codes and standards (both international and Australian)
- Proven experience managing risk during the design process consistent with technical and commercial requirements
- Excellent analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience in client facing roles
- Availability to undertake site visits onshore / offshore
- A" solutions mindset" and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
What will set you apart will be your h ands-on experience programming SIS ( HIMA, Triconex, Honeywell FSC, Yokogawa Prosafe, Safety Manager, DeltaV SIS)
In return this role will offer you an opportunity to thrive within a global organisation working collaboratively as diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds, unlocking tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages applications from Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
If you are an experienced Functional Safety Engineer looking for a career opportunity without peer - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.