Would you like to be part of a team that delivers the latest technology in the Energy Industry? Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems? Join Baker Hughes Drill Bit Team
We are the leader in well construction and production, our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. We provide cutting-edge tools and technologies for use in downhole drilling activities.Partner with the best
Fuel your passion
- Technician Mechanics are responsible for the full spectrum manufacturing of PDC (diamond) drill bits to include fabrication, finishing, and inspection. This construction begins with the receipt of applicable bit drawings and concludes with the final inspection of the completed product.
- Applicable manufacturing sub processes include but are not limited to the following:
- CNC Machining
- Final clean-up
- Quality inspection
- General repair/rework operations
- Technician Mechanics may be expected to learn and master more than one of the aforementioned sub processes and should expect to transfer to expected operational areas as in process work-flows demand. Normal career progression as a Technician Mechanic requires extending individual proficiency beyond a single operation or sub process.
- Qualified operators are expected to read, interpret, and troubleshoot PDC bit drawing and schematics and made necessary adjustments as per appropriate process specifications and applicable build guidelines.
- Technician Mechanics must read and comply with material build lists generated as per customer requirements.
- Extensive utilization of pneumatic and electric hand tools is required. Bit Fabricators must be comfortable and proficient with a wide range of power tools.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Manual assembly and/or fabrication experience.
- Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment, i.e., calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Ability to comprehend engineering drawings, specifications, routers, bill of materials, manufacturing procedures, and manuals.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing). Perform conversion from decimals to fractions and from fractions to decimals.
- Ability to read and perform functions to applicable product specifications.
- Ability to operate a forklift and to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good communication skills required.
- Successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime.
Work in a way that works for you
- Drill bits experience
- Brazing or welding experience
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Monday-Friday with flexibility to work either day shift or night shift
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.