Skills: Project Management, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houma, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Project Quality Manager will oversee the Quality Assurance and Quality Control aspects of the Project. The Project Quality Manager will develop and maintain the project quality plan in accordance with the project specifications, governmental regulations & standards, and the Contract. The PQM is charged with ensuring that the Company meets the quality and efficiency standards set forth by the Company and Client specifications.
· Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Project Execution Plan.
· In collaboration with the Project Manager, Project Construction Manager, and Project Controls Manager, participate in the review of the contract.
· Supervise Project Quality Assurance and Project Quality Control activities and assist the Project Manager, Project and Construction Manager in the required planning for project quality assurance and control activities.
· Develop a project quality plan for the project that is compatible with the Contract and the relevant entities in the project, including vendors and sub-contractors.
· Liaise with the Client to obtain their approval of the project quality plan.
· Identify potential risks to maintaining quality standards and correct or prevent the problem.
· Review vendor documentation to ensure that all quality requirements are understood and acknowledged.
· Responsible for assigning site inspectors.
· Ensure that the processes needed for the Quality Management system (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained.
· Report to Corporate management on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvement
· Ensure the promotion of awareness and enforcement of Client requirements throughout the Project Team including subcontractors.
· Liaise with the external assessment body.
· Ensure that a document control procedure is adopted to approve, review and update.
· all changes to critical documents within the scope of the QMS.
· Ensure that records are established and maintained to provide evidence that the QMS.
· is being followed and that there is a system in place for the identification, storage,
· protection, retrieval, retention time and disposition of such records.
· Ensure that the performance of the QMS is reviewed at planned intervals to ensure its
· continuing suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness. This review means assessing.
· opportunities for improvement and the need for changes to the QMS.
· Ensure that Quality Objectives are set by PMT for measuring the
· performance of the QMS and that these are regularly reviewed.
· Ensure that all new staff are inducted into the requirements of the QMS related to
· their own roles and responsibilities. Provide update training, as necessary.
· Ensure that all suppliers used by the organization are selected, evaluated, and reevaluated.
· and those records of this assessment are maintained.
· Ensure that PMT undertakes periodic but regular assessments of customer.
· satisfaction and those consequent improvements are identified and implemented.
· BS in Quality Management/Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related
· Certification in ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Quality Auditor
· Minimum of 12+ years' experience in quality management in Oil and Gas environment, refinery preferred.
· Minimum of 8+ years' experience in quality manager role in Oil and Gas environment, refinery preferred.
· 5+ years'
· Leadership abilities, ability to influence others; Proactive.
· Performs tasks and duties under very general supervision within the scope of general processes, policies and produces.
· Ability to analyze problems and performs needs assessments to solve complex issues.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Root cause analysis and continual improvement skills.
· Ability to identify and implement quality performance metrics.
Ability to work collaboratively in a project team environment
Standing- Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
Walking- Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
Turning, twisting, bending and stooping- These physical requirements are essential job functions.
Pushing and Pulling- These physical requirements are essential job functions.
Reaching, forward and reaching overhead- These are essential job functions /physical requirements.
Climbing- Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
Balancing, fingering, feeling, talking hearing and seeing- These are all considered normal physical duties/requirements and would be needed/required to work in this industrial environment is a safe and efficient manner.
Lifting - employees must be able to lift up to 25-50 pounds and occasionally 75-100 pounds.
Excellence in the Making
Recognized for having the expertise and resources to deliver the most complex solutions, Gulf Island is a multi-disciplined fabrication company with headquarters in Houston, Texas and operating facilities in Houma, Louisiana. We specialize in providing high quality fabrication of complex steel structures, modules and marine vessels. We also provide project management, hookup, commissioning, repair, maintenance and civil construction services. With customers that span a wide spectrum of industries, we fabricate products and provide services that are critical to energy extraction and production, refining, petrochemical, LNG and industrial facilities, power generation, alternative energy and shipping and marine transportation operations.
Build Your Career with Us
The strength of Gulf Island lies with our talented workforce who see our projects from concept to completion. From the Board Room to the drafting board, the shop to the loading dock, we call it The Team Approach. Each of our projects is embraced by a motivated team of professional project managers, engineers and craft personnel working together to produce the highest quality product.
At Gulf Island, we work hard to gain a clear understanding of our customers’ needs concerning production, quality and schedule before the hard work of construction begins. We believe this pays off as customers from around the globe continue to put their trust in us for quality, craftsmanship and service. Our goal is to exceed expectations and deliver solutions to our customers safely, on time and on budget.