Skills: Truck / HGV Driver
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chatham, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for truck drivers with a CDL to join our team in Chatham, Virginia. Experience in driving a truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from specified destinations. Having passegner endorsement is a plus. OSHA 10 is required.
Authorization to lawfully work in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Skills / Qualifications
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Communicate necessary information to bases, supervisors, or other drivers
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable company, state, and federal regulations
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles, and using other equipment as necessary.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 50 pounds
- Hearing Sensitivity - The ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness
- Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs
- Current valid Commercial Drivers' License with appropriate endorsements
- Meet and maintain a current Department of Transportation physical
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.