Skills: Project Management, Maintenance Manager, Construction Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chatham, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a foreman with SWPPP experiene to join our team in Chatham, Virginia. Experience in the solar field is a plus. OSHA 30 is required.
The employee must be able to manage, supervise and coordinate an entire job dealing with all of the various crafts that are present on the job site. The management will include the technical, safety, and human relations aspects of employment. The employee must be capable of identifying safety problems and correcting them promptly.
Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- The employee must be aware of the company and the customers' requirements and conditions under which they shall work.
- The employee must be able to communicate with other craftsmen so work can be scheduled, and a good work flow can be maintained.
- The employee must be capable of making an inspection of each job site prior to the issuance of a permit for safety concerns.
- The employee must be able to instruct workers in any of the new procedures, new materials to be used, conduct safety meetings, maintain a good line of communication with the employees.
- The employee must be capable of dealing with the customers in a professional manner and need to assist the customer when necessary.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Read specifications such as blueprints to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures.
- Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and coordinate activities.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.