Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for an HSE Safety Supervisor with extensive experience working in the international offshore oil and gas industry.
The normal rotation is 5 weeks on \ 5 weeks off but extended rotations are being worked due to the ongoing global COVID pandemic.
The primary role is to provide day to day EHS technical support to the Client's offshore operations in Equatorial Guinea. This position normally resides offshore for the entire rotational period. The operations consist of an FPSO, Fixed and TLP production facilities along with periodic floating, jack up and tender assisted drilling rigs. The successful candidate should have experience in working EHS issues associated with Drilling, Operations and Maintenance for an offshore E&P business.
In addition, the individual must have experience in working with multinational/multidiscipline work teams and a variety of contractor interfaces.
- EHS Management System Support:
Champion the utilization of the EHS&SR Management System in the offshore work environment. This includes the ZiZi (Zero Incident Zero Injury) program for personal safety responsibility.
- Assure the proper implementation and use of systems and procedures to identify and improve the Company's EHS performance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of EHS programs in order to achieve continual improvement in EHS performance.
- Contractor Interface:
- Adequately prepare contractors to work on-site as partners in EHS (onboarding).
- Provide guidance and oversight to contractor's safety officers assuring the client EHS expectations and requirements are met.
- Provide support to the Offshore Installation Managers (OIM), Production Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisors and Marine Supervisors in EHS Safety Leadership and the development of a proactive, behavioral, EHS culture.
- Coach staff EHS&SR personnel promoting their growth and effectiveness.
- Develop national staff in such a way to allow timely and effective nationalization of positions.
- Risk Management:
- Assure risk management processes are applied and effective through the use of Hazard Identifications, Qualitative Risk Assessment, Job Safety Analysis, Permit to Work Programs and other means available to mitigate risk.
- Participate in all high risk or critical activities to assure adequate measures have been taken to reduce the risk to the lowest reasonably practical level.
- Promote the knowledge and effective use of the Hess Rules to reduce risk.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Assure adequate measures are being taken to assure compliance with local and international rules and regulations in the areas of personnel safety and the environment specifically, offshore waste management and discharges.
- Ensure that risks are properly managed through a good understanding of process safety management coupled with positive process safety leadership. Support the leadership of the facilities, OIMs, Production Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisors and Marine Supervisors in life safety drills.
- Assure an adequately robust audit and inspection program is in place to assure compliance with Company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Incident Reporting and Investigation:
- Ensure the prompt and timely reporting of all EHS incidents and provide support for Root Cause Assessments.
Provide support to local supervisors in the management of action items in Synergi.
- The prospective employee is expected to participate in Process Safety Management activities that involve process design, process technology, operational and maintenance activities and procedures, non-routine activities and procedures, emergency preparedness plans and procedures, training programs, and other elements which could impact the process.
Other elements of PSM which may touch the employee consist of:
- Mechanical Integrity
- Management of Change
- Investigation of Incidents
- Process Hazards Analysis
- Operating Procedures and Practices
- Compliance Audits
- Emergency Response
- Pre-start-up Safety Reviews
Skills / Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent
- NEBOSH General Certificate or similar
- BOSIET Certification
- Possess several years of experience in past leadership abilities supporting EHS programs and projects including a high level of experience working in the offshore environment.
Business & Industry Experience:
- Must be familiar (experienced) with mitigating EHS&SR risks in an Exploration and Production offshore business.
- The successful candidate will have strategic EHS planning and development of EHS action plans from implementation thru completion.
- The successful candidate will have experience performing safety audits and EHS statistical reporting.
PC Application Skills:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Should be self-motivated, self-starter and a team player who can work as part of a multidisciplinary and multinational team.
- The successful candidate must have good written and verbal skills and the ability to influence and motivate people. Will need to develop a close working relationship with the EHS functional staff and line management to support the operations by providing effective advice and reassurance plus the sharing of good practices both within and outside of the Company.
- Must be physically fit to work in an offshore environment utilizing marine transfer of personnel.
- Must be able to work in an offshore environment in a rotational based organization coordinating duties with back-to-back personnel.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.