Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Malabo, Bioko Norte, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore HSE Advisor with extensive experience working onboard an FPSO in the offshore oil and gas industry.
The normal rotation is 5 weeks on \ 5 weeks off but extended rotations are being worked due to the ongoing global COVID pandemic.
Required to work offshore and be responsible for all Health and Safety activities on the installation.
Process Safety Management Duties:
- The Safety Officer is responsible for carrying out gas checks prior to and at regular intervals for hot work and vessel entries.
- Assists the HSE Advisor reviewing Procedures and Standing Instructions for HSE compliance as required.
- In house HSE Training for all facility personnel is to be made available as required.
- The prospective employee is expected to participate in Process Safety Management activities that involve process design, process technology, operational and maintenance activities and procedures, non-routine activities and procedures, emergency preparedness plans and procedures, training programs, and other elements which could impact the process.
Other elements of PSM which may touch the employee consist of:
- Mechanical Integrity
- Management of Change
- Investigation of Incidents
- Process Hazards Analysis
- Operating Procedures and Practices
- Compliance Audits
- Emergency Response
- Pre-start-up Safety Reviews
- Training (emergency scenario's) with the ERT is to be carried out on a bi-monthly basis.
- The Safety Officer will be expected to take part in drills and exercises as required.
- Safety Officers will be expected to attend Facility & Departmental Safety Meetings.
- Safety Officers will be required to assist with PSSR's and HAZOPS and Risk Assessments as required.
- A weekly audit of a scaffold and the scaffold register.
- A weekly audit of the LTI register is to be carried out. Liaise with department heads.
- Check PPE Lockers.
- Filing and archiving of Permit to Work documentation.
- Actively support and train facility personnel in current EHS programs.
- Carry out STOP card/Hazard Observation data entry into HSE database and advise EHS Advisor of any immediate corrective actions.
- Enter actions into the action register on a daily basis.
- Ensure all construction / operational activities on the vessel / platform / barge are carried out in a safe manner and in adherence to the company's safety policies, statutory regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure all operational / construction safety activities and equipment are in place, fully operational and correctly serviced. Take part in all accident / incident / near miss investigations ensuring Accident Report Forms are completed. Carry out in-house safety related training. Implement safety related procedures and safety awareness campaigns.
- Provide first line safety coverage for operational / construction activities performed offshore. Control and monitor the safety of work activities with the aim of preventing accidents.
- Provide advice to the general workforce on safe practices and safe operating procedures and systems. Carry out daily inspections.
- Prepare inspection reports. Advise on emergency procedures. Carry out inductions.
- Participate in Client site meetings. Hold safety meetings and evaluate the safety aspects of proposed operational / construction activities and record and report any concerns raised.
- HLO duties and responsibilities.
- Attend pre shift/tower safety meeting and toolbox talks.
- Handover and toolbox talks.
- Permit to Work coordination.
- Ensure that the lifting equipment color code system is used and kept up to date.
- General platform inspections of facility work sites etc.
- Translate and collate STOP cards and post on notice board. Enter actions in Action Register.
- General platform inspection work sites etc.
- Update the permit register.
- Preventative Maintenance of the Safety Equipment.
- Attend PTW Meeting.
Skills / Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent
- NEBOSH General Certificate or similar
- BOSIET Certification
- Possess several years of experience in safety and firefighting operations in the offshore oil and gas industry
- Previous offshore FPSO experience is essential
Business & Industry Experience:
- Regulations and Acts pertaining to offshore safety.
- TEGI guidelines for Safety Management.
- Process Safety Management
- Proficient in the methods of Risk Assessment and Safe Job Analysis.
- Incident Notification and Investigation.
- Use of the Work Management, Operating Procedures and Emergency Preparedness Systems.
- Procedures for Working Environment.
PC Application Skills:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Should be self-motivated, self-starter and a team player who can work as part of a multidisciplinary and multinational team.
- Must be physically fit to work in an offshore environment utilizing marine transfer of personnel.
- Must be able to work in an offshore environment in a rotational based organization coordinating duties with back-to-back personnel.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.