Field Services Engineer - Mechanical (Turbomachinery & Process Solutions) Are you passionate about providing complex technical solutions?Are you a Mechanical Field Service Engineer looking for an interesting and inspiring opportunity?Join our Innovating Field Services Team
Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) operates across 120 countries and serves the entire energy value-chain and industrial sector. We hold an extensive portfolio of rotating equipment, process flow, transmission technology and lifecycle services. Our Instrument Control and Mechanical Engineering Team uses cutting-edge technology to design gas and steam turbines, compressors, and expanders.
Partner with the Best
As a Field Service Engineer (FSE) - a Mechanical FSE, you will be an expert in Rotating Equipment (Steam/Gas Turbine, Compressors, Turboexpanders) & Reciprocating Compressors. You will provide on-site leadership and technical support by interacting with engineering and management teams to ensure that site activities progress in safely manner according to Baker Hughes technical & quality requirements aligning to agreed project schedule and costs. As a Field Services Engineer - Mechanical (Turbomachinery & Process Solutions)
, you will be responsible for:
As a Mechanical Specialist
- Preparing, executing field services jobs, and acting point of interventions between the project managers based in the Baker Hughes offices and customer at the field.
- Acting as primary point of contact and trusted advisor to customers for timely and satisfactory resolution of concerns.
- Providing after-sales technical advice during equipment maintenance / outage activity.
- Writing accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and Baker Hughes Headquarter concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions.
- Using Company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings.
- Ensuring all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental Health and Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures.
- Interfacing across customers, engineering, and management teams to ensure site operations and maintenance activities aligned to technical requirements.
- Collaborating with co-workers and customers to provide technical guidance to solve complex technical problems.
you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Performing all levels of maintenance, inspection, checks, testing and troubleshooting on rotating equipment such gas turbines, compressors, turboexpanders and auxiliaries equipment.
- Performing all levels of maintenance, inspection, checks, testing and troubleshooting on reciprocating compressors and its auxiliaries equipment.
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and carry out relevant preventive maintenance, repair and alignment after installation/ reassembly works.
- Carrying out assessment on the gas turbine/ compressor/ Turboexpanders /Reciprocating components and provide basic engineering support / feedback to stakeholders regarding health status and technical recommendation during field intervention.
- Being responsible for the services activity i.e disassembly & reassembly of the Gas Turbine equipment/ components as per Baker Hughes procedures.
- Having good experience in GE Turbines Maintenance Scope i.e. Combustion Inspection (CI), Hot Gas Path Inspection (HGPI), Major Inspection & Complete Overhaul.
- Having good experience on compressor overhauls, bundle replacements and dry gas seal replacements.
- Perform trouble shooting on all variant of the Heavy-Duty Gas Turbine/ Steam Turbines/ Compressors/ Reciprocating Compressors.
- Ensuring all necessary quality process is applied during the disassembly and re-assembly of the gas turbine/acting as site QA/QC engineer.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor of Engineering with 3 years of relevant experience or High School Technical Diploma or equivalent fields with 5 years of relevant experience in rotating equipment in Oil & Gas industry within maintenance or installation field activities.
- Show strong knowledge on rotating equipment installation/maintenance; philosophy of Gas Turbines and their auxiliaries (lube oil system, fuel gas system, seal gas system.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings (section drawing; construction drawing; P&ID; alignment specification, flushing/blowing procedure; piping specification; wiring diagram, etc.).
- Proven experience in commissioning and trouble-shooting rotating equipment control systems.
- Display an excellent English fluency both spoken and written.
- Have availability to frequent travel worldwide up to 70%-80% of the time on and off-shore.
- Show strong analytic and problem-solving skills together with good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Have a Valid Health Certificate required to comply to Baker Hughes Fit for Duty policy and possess valid Offshore Certificate
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, you will travel to and work on customer sites across the Asia-Pacific Region in line with customer requirements. The duration of the work at site and the hours of work at the site will be in line with customer requirements. In between work assignments, you will have free time in line with Baker Hughes working time guidelines and fatigue management provisions. You will also accrue annual leave which you can then take to extend your time off.Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.