Skills: Design Engineer, Supply & Distribution
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Power Solutions business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of North America's power generation and power distribution companies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Designer, reporting to the Manager, Distribution Engineering, this position can be located in any of the following offices - Vancouver, BC, Calgary, AB, Oakville, ON, Tucker, GA, West Palm Beach, FL, Orlando, FL or Los Angeles, CA. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Supporting overhead and underground distribution projects by creating detailed scopes and estimates, performing calculations, developing detailed design drawings following applicable utility, national or international standards and codes
- Support documentation process for projects including technical specifications, tender documents, technical reports and project calculations and ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information
- Providing construction support and overall project coordination, including outages
- Responding to information requests from site and completing project documentation including as-builts, calculations and return of data to the client
- Efficiently and effectively handles multiple tasks independently and as a part of a team
- Co-ordinating, Maintaining and enhancing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and assist team leads and managers
- Traveling and visiting project sites during project definition and execution
Skills / Qualifications
- A diploma from a recognized Electrical, Mechanical or Civil technology program or equivalent
- 0-2 years of overhead and underground distribution line design experience serving BC Hydro and/ or other utilities in North America
- Attention to detail and accuracy; Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code and electrical design principles
- Knowledge of Engineering/Design Standards and Codes are an asset
- Must be able to interpret engineers notes and convert into detailed design drawings accurately and in a timely manner with the minimum amount of supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and time management
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to exercise initiative when resolving issues and in adapting and applying procedures to address unusual situations
- Proficiency in the operation of GIS based applications or drafting tool, such as, AutoCAD would be an advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.