Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood provides consulting and EPCM services for clients across the global pulp and paper industry.
Wood currently have an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Project Manager. Reporting to the Manager, Forest Industries, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for the successful execution of pulp & paper, bioenergy and power generation projects in Canada and Internationally. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Safe, environmentally responsible, timely and on-budget delivery of projects
- Managing project team to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion of asset replacement or new capital/system improvement projects in order to meet or exceed client expectations
- Meeting with the client and managing their expectations
- Developing and executing project plans, designs, and studies that meet the client's needs and comply with all applicable regulations
- Overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing efficient project delivery services
- Providing status reports to project sponsors regarding the overall project progress and performance
- Managing scope changes proactively and resolving complex issues both with clients and internal teams
- Mentoring and training junior project managers and project services support
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree or a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate preferably in relevant industry is an asset
- P.Eng. Is a preference. US P.E is an asset.
- 10 plus years of experience in a heavy industrial environment such as pulp and paper, mining, and oil & gas, including at least three years of increasing responsibility as a team lead or manager
- Good communication skills including excellent oral, written and presentation skills for communication with internal team, stakeholders and clients
- Good planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel to field locations as required and maintain Class 5 driver license in a good standing
- Pulp and paper project or mill experience would be a definite asset.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.