Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood provides consulting and EPCM services for clients across the global pulp and paper industry.
Wood currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator. Reporting to the Manager, Forest Industries, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has responsibility for the successful coordination of Forest Industry related projects in the Vancouver office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Safe, environmentally responsible, timely and on-budget delivery of projects on an EPCM basis
- Assisting with managing the project through its lifecycle, starting from project definition, development of the project plan, budget, schedule, procurement and contracting strategies, through the engineering, procurement and construction phases
- Coordinating project team members and sub-contractors, as well as the client to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Managing the Key Performance Indicators
- Providing status reports to the project sponsors, the client and management regarding the overall project progress and performance.
- Developing relationship and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing efficient project delivery services
- Acting preventively to avoid safety and environmental issues as well to maintain efficient project delivery
- Gathering up to date information, first hand, at project sites within Western Canada and the US Pacific North West
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering from a recognized university and/or the completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program (PMP)
- P Eng. Is a preference. US P.E is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years engineering or operations experience
- Experience on heavy industrial projects is considered an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.