Laramie, Wyoming, United States
Laramie, Wyoming, United States
Skills: Civil Engineering, Waste Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Laramie, Wyoming, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Mid to Senior Level Civil / Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Laramie, WY. Candidate will be responsible for technical execution of projects as well the support of business development in relevant service lines.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
We are open to an individual who lives within about an hour's drive of Laramie and will coordinate a flexible remote work schedule.
- Will work in the Laramie office and support water resources projects in Wyoming and nationwide including National Park Service and US Air Force projects
- Will be an active member of the greater Wood nationwide water team and will work with our water resource professionals in other offices
- Work on complex hydrologic, hydraulic, infrastructure and water resources designs and analyses
- Oversee and conduct a wide variety of field work in support of the hydrologic and hydraulic assessments and in the development of models
- Oversee and conduct the collection, management, evaluation and interpretation of data from the natural and built environment
- Design, develop, calibrate, apply and document hydrologic and hydraulic models
- Prepare construction documents, design and technical reports, subject to review by senior personnel and the Project Manager
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieve
- When required, work collaboratively with other departments, environmental regulators and Wood offices on project related work
- Work with our team to identify and develop hydrologic and hydraulic business opportunities including Flood Control, Storm Water Management, Restoration, Wastewater Collection / Management and Potable Water Supply
- Assist in proposal preparation including innovative technical approaches and competitive pricing. Will prepare and perform client presentations
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Engineering; MS degree is a plus
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in WY or the ability to obtain a PE within one year
- 5 - 10 + years relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in project management including budget, schedule and deliverable performance
- Demonstrated experience working with municipalities, water utilities and other water agencies
- We are open to an individual who has experience in other areas of water resources such as water/wastewater treatment, stream stabilization, water distribution and supply and water rights transfers, applications and litigation with an interest in being a seller/doer to expand our water practice
- Experience in Hydraulic Engineering, Major Channel Design, Stormwater Management, Stream Stabilization, Potable Water Supply preferred
- Infrastructure Design and Master Planning is preferred
- Proficiency with SWMM, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, Hydraflow, WaterCAD, SewerCAD, ARC-GIS, AutoCAD-LDD / Civil 3D, MicroStation / Inroads, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and technical writing experience is mandatory
- Ability to support water rights transfers, applications and litigation is a plus
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.