Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
Operates pumps, hydration units, sand, blending, acidizing, cementing, coil tubing, water transfer and other operational equipment. May also drive assigned equipment to and from customer sites to haul various types of fluids, materials, or equipment. Assigned equipment could include: vacuum truck, fluid hauler, acid truck, winch truck, sand or gravel truck. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Drives required equipment safely to and from location (if a valid CDL holder)
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Loads and unloads cargo
- Completes the paperwork for each job to include pre and post trip inspections, work tickets, DOT logs
- Performs routine maintenance and repair of equipment
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
Required: For those driving equipment:
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and maintain a current medical card
- Understands applicable DOT rules
- 6 mos. - 1 yr. driving experience
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Class A CDL, with appropriate endorsements where required; HAZMAT a plus
- 6 months frac or well service experience
- Able to lift and position vehicle equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to sit long periods while driving
- Able to stand long periods while cargo is being loaded and unloaded
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving equipment
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment