Skills: Warehouse Person, Heavy Machinery Operator, Mechanic
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS will include the following:
- Operate a propane storage terminal with rail unloading and truck loading facilities
- Perform various tasks including, but not limited to, mechanical troubleshooting; compressor, pump and valve maintenance; testing system safety devices; periodic inspection, calibration of process equipment and completing weekly maintenance work orders
- Maintain the grounds including general maintenance, painting, mowing, etc.
- Coordinate the delivery and receipt of propane
- Test system safety devices and periodic inspection/calibration of process equipment
- Conduct driver orientations and enforce company policies and procedures along with creating work permits and hazard assessments
- Comply with OSHA 1910.119 PSM regulation as it applies to the Claremont operation
- Occasional travel (with overnight stays) required for training or assisting other areas
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in the LPG industry and or truck / railroad terminal operations is preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Mechanical, electrical or instrumentation experience or education, in an industrial environment would be an asset
- Basic computer skills, comfortable using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and various computer platforms
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A valid Driver's License is a condition of employment
- Work schedule is in 8-hour shifts, with occasional overtime and weekend/holiday work
- On call 2 weeks per month
Comfortable using a truck, skid-steer, and manlift
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical requirements and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, and work at heights of 30 feet
- Ability to work in a safe manner and remain alert during scheduled shifts
- Ability to occasionally travel to work or field locations, and/or to attend meetings or training
- Ability to work in outside environments with varying weather conditions about 80% of the time
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.